Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics RemStar 60 Auto heated tube available?
Respironics RemStar 60 Auto heated tube available?
Does anyone know if I can get a heated hose for my husband's REMstar Auto?  His machine is about 4 years old, and he quit using it within the first year....rainout was a big issue.  He's giving it a try again, after seeing my success on therapy.  However, the rainout is starting to be a problem again.  

He doesn't remember who his sleep doc or DME even was... we each had separate insurance through our employers at that time.  I'm willing to upgrade his entire machine if necessary, but it's really a good machine except for this issue.  We can manage the tubes, filters, and masks for him right now, without going through the hassle of a new sleep study right now.  

The label on the bottom says it is a 560P.   Ive tried asking a couple of the online DMEs, but their answers weren't very clear for me.  

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics RemStar 60 Auto heated tube available?
These are easily available from our online suppliers and Amazon.  $33.55 with Prime shipping, and similar prices at the suppliers.  Search for PR 60 Series Heated Tube.

Note if you have never used a heated tube on this machine you need the conversion kit which includes a new humidifier lid with electrical connectors, new higher output AC adapter and the heated tube.  Those kits cost about $75 at Supplier #1 or $69.95 on Amazon.  Search for Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for PR System One 60 Series Humidifiers. If you don't see that raised electrical connector on the humidifier outlet, you need the conversion kit.

[Image: 514hN5eD75L._SL1000_.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon for about $33.00. (Heated hose only)
Buy a fleece tube cover, it helps with rainout.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help!  I've ordered the conversion kit.   I want yo keep him using his CPAP.  I just wasnt sure I had the correct one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 471 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.