Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Remstar Pro C-Flex + Alarms & shuttingdown
Respironics Remstar Pro C-Flex + Alarms & shuttingdown
I've had this thing form 3 or four years. It has started shutting off in the middle of the night or sounding a horrific alarm that can only be stopped by unplugging the electricity and plugging it back in.

Two nights ago it alarmed 8 or 9 times during the night. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was the remedy? Is it fixable? HELP!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Remstart Pro C-Flex + Alarms & shuttingdown
Sounds to me like you need to make a trip to the DME to have the machine thoroughly checked out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Remstart Pro C-Flex + Alarms & shuttingdown
(04-18-2014, 04:24 PM)robysue Wrote: Sounds to me like you need to make a trip to the DME to have the machine thoroughly checked out.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what is a DME?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Remstar Pro C-Flex + Alarms & shuttingdown
DME = Durable Medical Equipment provider. The place that sold you the equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, shadybiz11
What does the message say? usually there is a message display on the screen with the beeping sound

You've tried unplug/plug. Just to be sure is not something to do with the SD card, remove the SD card and see if the beep alert goes away ... if it does, the card is corrupt or full ... replace with another card

Also check 'Auto on, Auto off, Mask leak alert, patient reminder ... set to off

The machine is out of 2 years manufacturer warranty, see your provider or give suppliers #27, #28 (CPAP Repair) a call and see what they suggest
Supplier #2 sell zero hours and used machines with and without humidifier at reasonable prices
(if the problem with the machine, you can just replace the machine and use the same humidifier)
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi shadybiz11,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Are you getting an error code of some sort on your screen when the machine starts beeping, what is the message on the screen?
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I took the thing apart and cleaned it, disconnected and reconnected all electrical connections and it worked flawlessly until June 4th. Then it started all over again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,822 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 473 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 265 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 858 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 866 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 445 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,709 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.