Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics SleepEasy II
Question 
Respironics SleepEasy II
Hi,

I'm getting a Respironics SleepEasy II 2010 CPAP machine with integrated humidifier. I'm wondering if anyone has a clinical setup manual for this machine. The model has recently been discontinued by Respironics, but the vendor still had a couple of machines in stock. I want to be able to do my own pressure titration.

Thanks!
Bergen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics SleepEasy II
(01-10-2013, 02:31 PM)bergenwoods Wrote: Hi,

I'm getting a Respironics SleepEasy II 2010 CPAP machine with integrated humidifier. I'm wondering if anyone has a clinical setup manual for this machine. The model has recently been discontinued by Respironics, but the vendor still had a couple of machines in stock. I want to be able to do my own pressure titration.

Thanks!
Bergen
welcome to the board
see section one for sleepeasy instruction
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

http://sleepeasy1.respironics.com/

sleepeasy is fixed pressure and basic machine. for titration, you need data capable auto machine
S9 Autoset is full data capable machine with improved algorthim and central apnea detection
also supported by supported by Resscan and SH software
check out Supplier #2 for used (low hours) and new machines
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2013, 02:31 PM)bergenwoods Wrote: I'm getting a Respironics SleepEasy II 2010 CPAP machine with integrated humidifier. I'm wondering if anyone has a clinical setup manual for this machine.

I want to be able to do my own pressure titration.

Hi Bergen, Welcome

The only effective way to know which way to adjust the pressure is by using a fully data capable machine.

The SleepyEasy II will not tell you anything but how many hours you used the machine.

I'm assuming you're buying this particular machine because you're paying out-of-pocket without insurance, if this is the case, you can get an excellent deal on a low or no hours machine if you'll click the Suppliers List at the top of the page, Supplier #2 specializes in low hours machines, a lot of members here have purchased their CPAP machines from them and have nothing but good things to say about their service.

If you try to titrate without any kind of data you'll never know if you're helping yourself or making your OSA worse, if your pressure is too high you can induce Central Apnea's, if the pressure is too low you won't be getting effective therapy but, without a data capable machine you'll never know what you're getting.

Good luck!

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bergenwoods,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What zonk and TheWerkz said.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,404 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 349 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.