Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics System One Humidifier
Question 
Respironics System One Humidifier
I'm having trouble with my System One Humidifier. Setting the humidity to 0 is too low, setting it to 1 is too high. Is this a common problem, or am I just "lucky"?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics System One Humidifier
(03-14-2015, 09:41 PM)d1hartman Wrote: I'm having trouble with my System One Humidifier. Setting the humidity to 0 is too low, setting it to 1 is too high. Is this a common problem, or am I just "lucky"?

You could try switching the humidifier to classic mode. The system one mode takes the room humidity into account and if it's dry it cranks the heat up to add humidity. As classic is a fixed level for each setting of the control wheel. In the winter I end up with a dry tank by morning in system one mode and setting 2 and if I switch to classic mode I have 3/4 tank left in the morning on setting 2. Give it a shot. You will find the system one option under settings and scroll down to System One Humidification switch the setting to off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks JWR!
I changed the setting. I had thought that would turn off the humidifier completely, but not so!
I'd been leaving the Sys1 humidifier filled, but turned off, and using a separate Fisher-Paykel humidifier (with the wrong chamber).
Do you know if it will be ambient tracking in this mode? I like sleeping with the window open, but not waking to a nosehose full of water.
I'll see how that setting works out tonight! Maybe I can do away with the F-P unit.
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry big thumbs on the blackberry. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Do you know if it will be ambient tracking in this mode?
Dave

Nope . it is a fixed heat setting doesn't take room humidity into account.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my hands on the manual:

• SYSTEM ONE humidification - System One humidity control maintains a consistent mask humidity by monitoring and adjusting for changes in room temperature and room humidity. You can enable (1) or disable (0) this feature. If the System One humidity control has been disabled, the classic style of basic temperature controlled heated humidification will be used. This will only display if the humidifier is attached.
• Humidifier - This setting allows you to choose the desired humidity setting: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. If the System One humidity control has been disabled, the classic style of basic temperature controlled heated humidification will be used and the display will show: 0, C1, C2, C3, C4 or C5 for these settings. This will only display if the humidifier is attached. Please refer to the humidifier manual if using a humidifier.

It doesn't really say if it's temperature tracking or not in the "classic" mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:It doesn't really say if it's temperature tracking or not in the "classic" mode.

Agreed , Doesn't say . Back to the original question of to much to little humidification . how did you make out using classic mode ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2015, 08:29 AM)JWR Wrote:
Quote:It doesn't really say if it's temperature tracking or not in the "classic" mode.

Agreed , Doesn't say . Back to the original question of to much to little humidification . how did you make out using classic mode ?

I turned it back to classic mode last night and ran it on "2". Got up once and when I got back in bed I noticed the air was way too hot to be comfortable (I would prefer somebody come up with a way to chill the air coming out of the CPAP but that is another discussion). I used WAY more water than I did on the System One "2" setting. Will try it on 1. Probably on 0, too.

One of the reasons I am interested in this classic mode is the ability to turn off the humidifier heat and just go with passive humidification.

As I understand it, that is impossible in the System 1 humidifier mode. Correct?

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: Got up once and when I got back in bed I noticed the air was way too hot to be comfortable (I would prefer somebody come up with a way to chill the air coming out of the CPAP

last summer my Son had the same complaint , His solution was to turn the humidifier off and fill his humidifier tank with crushed ice . keep telling him he's going to get frost bite . Lol but he likes it .
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2015, 08:29 AM)JWR Wrote:

JWR,
System One mode tracks the humidity in the room, where as Classic mode does not.

In the Clinical menu, you can turn the humidifier off and use in passive mode.
You should get cooler air with humidifier turned off.
OpalRose
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,423 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 771 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.