Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics System One
Respironics System One
REMstar Pro and/or REMstar Auto

Regarding the two CPAP machines above, it appears to me that both machines collect all data and both are good machines, nonetheless since I am such a novice at this I thought I would ask first. Also, would one be prefered over the other?

Thank you.

Kris Cerone
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics System One
Well I got the these:

Machine: Respironics DS950HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics FitLife FFM
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 9/15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

My reasons were: The Respironics is able to report obstruction AND OPEN AIR WAY events.

And as I have complex apnea which is open air way events I want to know this information.
The other is it is made here in the USA and the other is made in Australia and it is hard to phone them for tech support.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2013, 05:28 PM)Kellysfriend Wrote: REMstar Pro and/or REMstar Auto

Regarding the two CPAP machines above, it appears to me that both machines collect all data and both are good machines, nonetheless since I am such a novice at this I thought I would ask first. Also, would one be prefered over the other?

Thank you.

Kris Cerone
Both are data capable machines
Auto does what Pro (CPAP) can do and auto-adjust (APAP) ... two machines in one
CPAP is long term investment, its nice to be able check if over time pressure needs has changed and able to adjust accordingly
Cost wise .. few $$$ more ... unfortunately not in Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2013, 05:37 PM)racprops Wrote: The other is it is made here in the USA and the other is made in Australia and it is hard to phone them for tech support.

Rich
Not all S9 made in Australia, Some made in Singapore
S9 AutoSet score central sleep apnea events too and shows AHI breakdown type of events on LCD sleep report
ResScan and SleepyHead software support S9

Your machine BiPAP AutoSV DS950HS is more than just CPAP/APAP ... designed to treat complex sleep-disordered breathing

Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 Pro is a fine manual CPAP machine with full data.

The PRS1 Auto will do everything the Pro will do plus a few things more. Absolutely worth the extra money if you're paying out of pocket. Can be set to manual CPAP to function just like the PRO.

I believe the DS950/960/BiPAP Auto SV advanced is mostly for central or complex apnea and costs a lot more. It's not necessarily "better" if you don't have central apnea.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,002 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 371 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.