Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea?
Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea?
My sleep doctor has responded to my request for an ASV machine by saying that she is going to try me on the Respironics  Trilogy. As yet, I do not know precisely which model.

I was just wondering if this is going to be suitable to deliver the ASV treatment that I believe I need. At first glance, it appears it does, as it has three modes, one of which is ASV. However, I cannot help wondering if there is a better option.

Can anyone comment on this?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea?
Sawinglogz, do you see the Trilogy in OSCAR'S future?

IMHO the Trilogy is a capable machine. It is not currently supported by OSCAR. The best advice is given when detailed data is present. We use OSCAR for this. Ask your doc how you can get detailed data, show him standard and zoomed data from both Standard and Advanced OSCAR charts so he can know what you mean.

Dave, since you are/were looking in this direction any comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - I would really like to know if the Trilogy is going to be suppot3ed by OSCAR. I would hate to lose the ability to monitor myself. If it looks that way, I will ask the doctor for the Resmed equivalent. That may mean switching to a different clinic,a nd yet more delays. So, a not insignificant piece of information...

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
A Trilogy by Respironics is not the same as ASV. This Trilogy is an NIV ventilator. ASV mode isn't on it. You'll have ventilator modes like PAC and AVAPS, among others. And take note Respironics has stopped selling Trilogy and the DreamStation's models. DreamStation 2 is replacing due to foam issues. There is a Trilogy Evo that is not affected by the foam issues.

Do you have lung disease as well as Apnea?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the belated reply.

I do not have lung issues on top of apnea, no.

What would the ResMed ASV equivalent be?

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed PaceWave something including ASV in the name.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And as a supplementary question, fi I may, what machines ARE supported by OSCAR?

I want to ask my sleep doc asap about an alternative to the Trilogy.

Would the ResMed Aircurve 10 work with OSCAR?

What other ASV machines would also? Any other Respeion ois models?

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed AirCurve 9 or 10 ASV just AirCurve would mean any bilevel. Both are OSCAR supported. Respironics SV Auto but they're typically going to be a lesser successful therapy machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thankyou very much.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome and best to your success.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 678 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.