Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

full face mask for high cheekbones
RE: full face mask for high cheekbones
I had to put bandaids on my nose bridge till the skin got tougher there.

Good luck!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Mirage Quattro for about 6 months and was never happy with it. I'm under pretty high pressure and it didn't matter how tight I had the head gear, it always leaked badly and slid up into my mouth. Also, for some reason, I have a skin allergy to the cushion material. I tried several masks from the sleep lab and found that I love the Fisher Paykel Flex Fit 432. It fits under your chin and it's a whole lot more comfortable. I'd suggest sitting down with your supplier and trying several masks until you find the one that works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do you get the ResMed Gecko gel pad vaughn?
Post Reply Post Reply
actually i should mention i am in australia for where to get the pad
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 02:16 AM)sunstone Wrote: actually i should mention i am in australia for where to get the pad
Supplier # 13 ($25): http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

See customer reviews ... Supplier #1

Edit: Just repeating ... for machines, masks, etc.. check Supplier #2 and Supplier #10
Both ship to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 02:08 AM)sunstone Wrote: Where do you get the ResMed Gecko gel pad vaughn?

USD$16 from Supplier #2 on Supplier List.

They can be reused for 2 to 3 months. Can wash them with mild (hand) soap to keep free from face oil. Keep them in a glass container or in the re-usable plastic container you buy them in, but not in any other plastic container.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 02:33 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 02:08 AM)sunstone Wrote: Where do you get the ResMed Gecko gel pad vaughn?

USD$16 from Supplier #2 on Supplier List.
Plus shipping costs but works out heaps cheaper if machine or/and mask included with the order than the gouged prices charged in Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
i had already ordered my machine Tongue its from supplier 10
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 04:03 AM)sunstone Wrote: i had already ordered my machine Tongue its from supplier 10
They,re good and Supplier #2 good too
I get my supplies from them at least once a year to save on shipping costs
Supplier #2 sell only complete masks, not parts

What machine?
CPAP GST exempt but might pay some tax for orders above $1000

Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I got...

Select Your ResMed CPAP Machine: S9 AutoSet™ for Her
Optional Add a H5i Heated Humidifier: ResMed H5i ™ Heated Humidifier for S9 Series Machines (36900)
Optional Add a ClimateLine Heated CPAP Hose: ResMed S9™ ClimateLine™Tubing
Include These FREE Items!:
Travel Case
SD Card
SlimLine Tubing
Add Upgrade to Cleanable H5i Tub: No Thank You. Include Free Standard Tub
BBB001 1 $993.00 $993.00
Subtotal: $993.00
Shipping & Handling: $84.99
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $1,077.99
the machine is under 1000 so hopefully no tax.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.