Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Wisp nasal mask
Respironics Wisp nasal mask
[Image: pr-wisp-nasal-cpap-mask-side-in-use.jpg] [Image: pr-wisp-nasal-cpap-mask-alone.jpg] [Image: wisp-nasal-mask-angle-front-mannequin.jpg]

not yet on Phillips Respironics site but some of the suppliers (Suppliers List) say its coming soon also there is youtube video

The Wisp Nasal Mask from Philips Respironics changes the field by offering a choice of frame styles.
Select Clear Silicone Frame for a more traditional feel or Fabric Frame for a softer touch and two fabric options.
The Wisp comes packaged with all three sizes of cushions allowing the user to find the best fit and seal.
Limited facial contact is achieved through a minimal cushion design.
The need for a forehead support is removed through frame and headgear design
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Wisp nasal mask
I hope they make a cushion that'll fit my wide nose...seems like something I'd want to try....
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was lucky enough to beta-test the Wisp mask and LOVE it!!! Can't wait to receive mine. :grin:

In fact, my AHI readings were very low when using it. Dancing
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the into video for this mask:

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I first heard of the Wisp back in November. I asked the respiratory therapist at my local DME about it and he said they expected to receive stock in early January. He promised to call me as soon as it comes in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2013, 03:20 PM)cbramsey Wrote: I was lucky enough to beta-test the Wisp mask and LOVE it!!! Can't wait to receive mine. :grin:

CB, how well did this mask work with your mustache?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2013, 04:56 PM)PollCat Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 03:20 PM)cbramsey Wrote: I was lucky enough to beta-test the Wisp mask and LOVE it!!! Can't wait to receive mine. :grin:

Worked very well actually. AHI's averaged in the 3.xx range during the 90 days I wore the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2013, 04:56 PM)PollCat Wrote:

Got my Wisp mask. You were asking about how it worked with my mustache. Actually, it works very nicely because the cushion rests more on the end of my nose.

The following image gives an idea.

[Image: puppycpr_zps1558db60.jpg]

More when I get some data with the production mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2013, 04:17 PM)cbramsey Wrote: Got my Wisp mask.

I assume you got it from a local DME, since everyone in the supplier list still says "coming soon."

My DME told me last year that they were expecting them in early January, so I just now called them. It is in their warehouse, but has not been delivered to the store yet. I made arrangements to call them Wednesday AM to verify that they have it in the store, then go there to pick one up in the afternoon.

I also asked about price. The nice lady said the regular insurance price was $218, but their private pay price was $165. Then she said "just a minute, let me see what I can do about that price." After doing some figuring she said $120 because I am so awesome. OK, maybe not the last part, but she did quote me $120.

I love my Pilairo, but the leaks are too high.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I did get my mask from my local DME. Happened to be eligible for a new mask and they just got them in from my phone call with them.

Will pay 80% of the 20% of the cost not covered by my Medicare after their discount.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,228 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.