Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User
RE: New User
Simple. Running with the range of 4 to 20, the min and Max values the machine is capable of.
The value of 4 is frequently to little for comfort for most people and with some with a lot of flow Limitations the pressure runs up to the max pressure set
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s a wealth of information on the site:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

This morning's results are better after Fred's recommended changes to settings: (down to 5.7 from 19).

please see attached (I didn't wear the collar last night)

Have used Sleepyhead screenshot here as it shows two sessions.
I have problems getting Oscar to show both sessions for the night. It only shows one.

How to get Oscar to show all of the nights recordings?
(I assume I should be using Oscar, not Sleepyhead?)

Also, I will have my Nasal Pillow today. Should I begin wearing it?

Thanks in advance...

............Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
> How to get Oscar to show all of the nights recordings?

Data/Rebuild CPC Data/   Fixed the problem.

Thanks ... Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I tried my Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow last night and found it very comfortable (although the printout does show lots of leaks).

Will try a larger nose-piece tonight, plus I've just realised that I'd forgotten to change the Mask/Pillow setting in the machine
(if that makes any difference).

I've had serious nasal blockage problems all my life, so was rather apprehensive about trying the nasal pillow.
To my amazement the nasal pillow (plus humidifier) seem to have actually cleared any blockages (at least so far).

I find the "breathing out" pressure setting a bit high with the nasal pillow (was fine with the face mask),
will try to modify it if I can figure out how.

My AHI is still rather high at 9.93 (please see attached).

Any comments gratefully received.

Will run like this for a few nights, then will try using my cervical collar again.. (might be better with the nasal pillow rather than the face mask)

Thanks .... Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only ever used the airfit p10 nasal mask and I've always had lip leaks. I'm bearded so have few mask choices; can't tape and I can't master the tongue suck technique, so I'm left with the c-collar which works pretty well. you have leaks and you have clusters of oa, h and ua so I strongly encourage you to wear the collar, as constricting and uncomfortable it may be. we can get used to some pretty tough stuff and the collar sucks but it does the job if we just tolerate it. the collar should significantly reduce the number of your events and mouth leaks (the latter allows the machine to perform better). changing mask setting might help too. higher epr settings might ease the difficulty of breathing out. others may suggest setting changes to help with flow limitations and inverted inhale/exhale times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gzimmer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,155 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.