Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on AHI and Leaks please
RE: Advice on AHI and Leaks please
(02-25-2014, 11:46 PM)Gabby Wrote: Thanks Everyone for your help. It all sounds very positive, so I think I will stop worrying about my leaks and just get on with it.
I will start to worry if and when they get up near 24, is that right?

Sleep tight all...
Yep. As long as that 95% is well under 24 (and 10 is well under 24), don't worry too much about leaks---unless they start to wake you up. Any leak that is bothersome enough to wake you up has to be dealt with.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 07:24 PM)Gabby Wrote: I just don't understand this leak thing and how many I am allowed to have. I see the green smiley face but am I meant to be trying to achieve nil leaks and I don't understand this 95% thing.
Smiley face indicate good mask fit. Even if 95th percentile is higher than 24 L/m, not the end of the world (providing median leak is low) only mean that leak was at or below this number for number for 95% of the time (not at this number for 95% of the time)
At times, my leak goes above 24 but I,m not bothered as long as not blowing toward my eyes or/and disturb my sleep,
Nil leak is just like nil AHI, not achievable all night every night but should not be the goal either

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 09:31 AM)robysue Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 11:46 PM)Gabby Wrote: Thanks Everyone for your help. It all sounds very positive, so I think I will stop worrying about my leaks and just get on with it.
I will start to worry if and when they get up near 24, is that right?

Sleep tight all...
Yep. As long as that 95% is well under 24 (and 10 is well under 24), don't worry too much about leaks---unless they start to wake you up. Any leak that is bothersome enough to wake you up has to be dealt with.

Cheers robysue, I feel much better now after everyone's confirmation.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 01:02 PM)zonk Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 07:24 PM)Gabby Wrote: I just don't understand this leak thing and how many I am allowed to have. I see the green smiley face but am I meant to be trying to achieve nil leaks and I don't understand this 95% thing.
Smiley face indicate good mask fit. Even if 95th percentile is higher than 24 L/m, not the end of the world (providing median leak is low) only mean that leak was at or below this number for number for 95% of the time (not at this number for 95% of the time)
At times, my leak goes above 24 but I,m not bothered as long as not blowing toward my eyes or/and disturb my sleep,
Nil leak is just like nil AHI, not achievable all night every night but should not be the goal either
Thank you Zonk I always appreciate your help as well as everyone's. I feel a lot more at ease about the leak now and will not be as paranoid. I feel comfortable with the number 24 and now have an understanding of the 95%.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 132 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.