Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics: hose diameter vs. setting
RE: Respironics: hose diameter vs. setting
(11-06-2015, 05:47 PM)DocWils Wrote: Hose size settings do matter, so adjust them. The padlock might be if you have a heated hose, which will lock the setting to 15 automatically because the heated hose is 15 and they don't want you to mistakenly change it. It should unlock automatically if you are using a non heated hose.

Well, then Dopey Me...

Yes, I have a heated hose so instead of eyeballing things I went and pulled out my mm ruler. The INSIDE diameter is, in fact, 15mm and the OUTSIDE diameter is just a hair smaller than 22mm – so 15mm it is, hence the auto-lock on the display of hose size. Dang – I was hoping that had something to do with the AHI readings I've been getting, but it appears that I need more patience...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 04:16 PM)zonk Wrote: You can unlock the padlock/lock symbol from the clinical menu

Setup guide and how to get the clinical manual fro your CPAP machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions
From provider manual:
• Tubing type lock - This enables you to lock the Tubing type setting for either the 15 mm or the 22 mm tubing if you do not want the patient to change it.
Note: If locked, the patient will still see this setting with a lock symbol ( ) next to it, but they will not be able to change it.
Note: This will not prevent the user from using Heated Tubing at a later date.

• Tubing type - This setting allows you to select the correct size diameter tubing that you are using with the device. You can choose either (22) for the Philips Respironics 22 mm tubing, or (15) for the optional Philips Respironics 15 mm tubing. When using Heated Tubing, the device will automatically change this setting to the appropriate tubing type (15H).

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi touch33,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CPAP therapy can take some getting used to but you have a great attitude and that gose along way.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I must have missed something because I have not seen anything that indicates that touch33's machine is an auto bipap. What am I missing here. What is obvious from the data is that whatever model it is, it is operating in straight bipap mode. I am also do not understand why the DME tech switched him to a bipap and also why his pressure is so low. Looks to me like the tech is just spitballing.

If the machine is set for EPAP=5, IPAP=10, I would be tempted to move the EPAP up to 5 for a week, and see what it does to the hypopneas and the apneas. If the hypopneas are obstructive in nature, which sounds probable to me, they should go down some.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I know from experience that if you switch from a slimline hose to a standard hose and forget to change the setting, You will feel it. When I have done that, my FFM does pushups on my face as I inhale and exhale and the pressure is actually a little higher than intended due to reduced flow resistance (less pressure drop).

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 10:10 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I must have missed something because I have not seen anything that indicates that touch33's machine is an auto bipap. What am I missing here. What is obvious from the data is that whatever model it is, it is operating in straight bipap mode. I am also do not understand why the DME tech switched him to a bipap and also why his pressure is so low. Looks to me like the tech is just spitballing.

If the machine is set for EPAP=5, IPAP=10, I would be tempted to move the EPAP up to 5 for a week, and see what it does to the hypopneas and the apneas. If the hypopneas are obstructive in nature, which sounds probable to me, they should go down some.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

My bad. I glanced at profile and somehow concluded was same as my machine. I guess I still am short on sleepToo-funny
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 05:47 PM)DocWils Wrote: Hose size settings do matter, so adjust them. The padlock might be if you have a heated hose, which will lock the setting to 15 automatically because the heated hose is 15 and they don't want you to mistakenly change it. It should unlock automatically if you are using a non heated hose.
Yes, what he said!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,053 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 229 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.