Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics remstar Pro c-flex system one card won't download
Respironics remstar Pro c-flex system one card won't download
Hi. New to the group. 

I have to have a DOT type physical to get my captains license from the coast guard. I have an older sleep machine and my Dr. Office says they can't download my sleep info from my chip because of how old my machine is. Sounds like they have updated software. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this info for my physical ? Maybe send the cards to someone ? 

Thank you in advance for your help !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics remstar Pro c-flex system one card won't download
You can download OSCAR, which is a free open source software we use on the forum. Oscar can print a report that should demonstrate your compliance by showing hours of use by month or for periods of Day, Week, Month, 6-month and 12-months along with a lot of other information. I'm a bit skeptical your doctor can't read the data. The Philips Respiroinics EncorePro 2 software is even available here on the forum.

Do yourself a favor and request a prescription for Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset to replace your old System One. The Resmed is not only more compact, but automatically adjusts pressure to optimize your therapy, and uses "exhale pressure relief" (EPR) which is very comfortable and can also help improve results. Simply the best CPAP on the market. If you are out-of-pocket, a new one costs $539 from Supplier #2. Great data and better results is what you can expect, and it sends the data wirelessly to your doctor or DME supplier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I merged your two threads into one. There is no need to post this in two places. If you want official Philips Respironics software to print a compliance report, the alternative to OSCAR, is to download EncoreBasic from the Private Files forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links . Just browse the forum index, click on Private Files and Links, and look about 3/4 of the way down the page for EncoreBasic. You do not need the much larger and more complex EncorePro 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply.

I dropped my card off today to get the print out and got a phone call shortly there after saying that they could not read the card. The girl then asked me If I had an older sleep machine or not. I have like two back ups of the same machine so I took A card out of my back up machine and put into the machine . I then took that card over to the doctors office and got the same answer that they could not read that card either.

Kinda frustrating ...
Post Reply Post Reply
For detailed data, we need to keep the cards in the slot during therapy. It should still produce a simple compliance report. Anyway, try OSCAR and EncoreBasic and see what you get. I know the System One Pro has the data capability. If you were inserting the cards and removing them, it is better to leave the card in the machine, and only remove it when you need the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine also offers two on-screen options to show compliance.  You need to enter the Provider Setup https://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one...structions , Navigate to the Info screen and press the control wheel.  These are the two options:

• Phone-in - This screen displays the total therapy hours for the device, the total blower hours, and the total number of days used when the sessions were greater than 4 hours since the device was last reset. This screen also displays a compliance check number you can use to validate that the data provided to you is the data taken from this screen.

• Compliance VIC (Visual Inspection Check) - This screen displays the start day and the total number of days used when the sessions were greater than 4 hours. This screen also displays a check code number you can use to validate that the data provided to you is the data taken from this screen.

You can either take a picture of the compliance data, or take the machine to the doctor, plug it in and show them the compliance data so they can write your report.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your help. 

I downloaded Oscar and had all my information from the past year(s) download from the 2nd chip I gave my Dr office. Very frustrating that my Dr Office couldn’t do the same thing. You would think being a pulmonologist office and specializing in sleep apnea they would have the ability to do this. 

Thanks again for the help !!!
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, you'd think. but it's all too common that they don't. if they did, they'd have to take the time to look at it and figure out what it means and how to use it to improve your therapy. I prefer not to think they're incompetent (although many may be) so it must simply be easier and more lucrative to churn sleep studies, titrations, diagnoses of obstructive sleep apnea and 15 minute follow up appointments. a cynical view perhaps but look around here for a while and you'll see what I've described is typical.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,613 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,093 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 376 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 298 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 229 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.