Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AutoSet II help
ResMed AutoSet II help
A good friend of mine has not been using her CPAP for a few years, but wants to try it again due to poor sleep and headaches. She is not comfortable going in for a new sleep study right now due to Covid, so she pulled out her old machine, which she believes is from 2014. It's one of those blue & white ResMed AutoSet II machines. I suggested she get OSCAR to collect data, but her machine doesn't have a card and she's not sure if it can use a regular card? She is going to try using the machine tonight--are there any setting changes/suggestions for someone going back to using a CPAP after a few years? Thank you! I've become the designated Apnea Board poster for all my apnea friends...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AutoSet II help
Hi Jennifer,
Unfortunately, the OSCAR software does not support the ResMed S8 series.

However, there is a Clinicians manual you can order for download by Email. This may help your friend maneuver and access the pressure settings or see what the machine is set at. If you can let us know the current settings, it's possible we can advise. But we will not be able to see detailed data. She will be strictly going by how she feels.

To order the manual: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Scroll down to Section Three and look for ResMed S8 AutoSet II
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much! I'll let her know!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Autoset II is a very old machine and came before the S8, S9 and current Airsense 10. There is no data we can access from that machine. If she is willing to invest in her health, she should get a replacement. Her original study should suffice, and her regular doctor can prescribe it based on her health history and past use of CPAP. A sleep study is not necessarily required, and is absolutely not required if she pays out of pocket rather than insurance. A new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is available from Supplier #2 for $539. Used machines with warranty are less.

Sleep apnea does not magically disappear, and it sounds like your friend needs to resume therapy. Getting the right, modern equipment and probably new mask is going to be part of that. The capability of the new machines, and data feedback make the therapy better and easier to understand. While she can certainly plug in the old machine, she will be flying blind, and there is really no way for us to help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2021, 04:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sleep apnea does not magically disappear, and it sounds like your friend needs to resume therapy. 

The reason I've posted here for a few friends is because I constantly encourage them to treat their apnea. But I'm sure you know how it goes--people resist having to get the machine, or they stop using the machine when they think they don't need it anymore. I have one friend who says she'd rather die from the apnea than have to use a CPAP! I love my CPAP and would never sleep without it, so I really encourage my friends to embrace treatment for their apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with you on this, but we know about leading a horse to water, then saying, drink. I think the SARS-Co-V2 vaccine will be similar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2021, 05:31 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think the SARS-Co-V2 vaccine will be similar.

Agreed
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 472 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 594 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 680 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.