Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics remstar auto from 2002
Respironics remstar auto from 2002
Hello, forgive me for not introducing myself but this OSAS stuff happened real fast and i,m doing everything in a hurry these days...

I do have a problem while reading my data card "RESPIRONICS encorepro SMARTCARD" as aperently there is no driver for this old card which is identifed as "CID_4932432e" in device managers hardware id...

Apparently respironics Encore pro is bundled with drivers for this card but there I do have a problem installing this software:
I can not choose typical installation option, only advanced which on the next step gives me some database options which I do not know how to bypass...*see attached  image

Mine CPAP unit is Respironics remstar auto from year 2002...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My untreated AHI 78,9

05.2019 My first cpap mask Heinen & Lowenstein Full Face, it did not suite mine Facial Physiology .
08.2019 My second cpap mask ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face CPAP Mask it has medium leaks.
09.09.2020 Trying to use Nuance pro gel nasal pillow mask
Month later started using an resmed F30i and still using it.
My backup machine Philips Respironics Remstar AUTO cpap
My machine I have put on waiting for bipap therapy SOMNOvent Auto-ST: BiLevel-ST
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics remstar auto from 2002
I managed to resolve installation but still no luck with drivers for card...

My untreated AHI 78,9

05.2019 My first cpap mask Heinen & Lowenstein Full Face, it did not suite mine Facial Physiology .
08.2019 My second cpap mask ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face CPAP Mask it has medium leaks.
My machine I have put on waiting for bipap therapy SOMNOvent Auto-ST: BiLevel-ST
Post Reply Post Reply
roberts, thanks for joining Apnea Board.  Smile

See my post in your other thread about trying EncoreBasic.

Also, that 2002 machine is very old and CPAP technology has improved dramatically since then.  If you're able to obtain a newer machine, I think your treatment would be greatly enhanced and your frustration with the old memory cards would disappear, since most of the newer machines use a standard SD card.

But if you can use EncoreBasic, that is a much easier and less complicated software package than EncorePro.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Smartcard requires a reader that is hard to find. It is a Infineer Mako DT3500 Smartcard reader, and I see there is one available at CPAPsupply for $54. I still think you would be better off buying a newer machine instead of investing more in this obsolete technology. I see you are in Serbia, and of course it is going to be harder to obtain a machine there. You might try Supplier #2 or Supplier #33 that ship overseas and will sell either a new Philips Dreamstation Remstar Auto CPAP or Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset at a competitive price.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I posted a link requesting the same. I like to use my old reliable Remstar as a back-up.

I can vouch as can my DME that in my case, my therapy is the same with the old Remstar and AirSense 10.

I think I may have found the drivers though located here: https://www.driverscloud.com/en/drivers/...ard-reader
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I am eagerly waiting for my remstar airsense 10 to arrive, ordered from "oceanmed" france...
i was finally able to take osas study and seems that I had 80+ ahi index...
I have been prescribed cpap pressure 4-14 which I was not able to withstand due to insane amounts of air in my belly ... I have changed it to 4-20 and it is OK now...
But I do feel very uncomfortable with old Philips and could not withstand longer than 3 hours with full face mask per night...

Now I am wondering if there will be any difference between these two units...

My untreated AHI 78,9

Post Reply Post Reply
The Airsense 10 offers many features you have not tried, especially EPR and real data. Once you can see what is going on, it will be much easier to find effective and comfortable therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Resmed airsense auto is really supperb device. I was thinking about upgrading my mask to resmeds f30 but no luck finding here in Serbia...

My untreated AHI 78,9

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 656 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 952 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  Smart Card & Software for the old Respironics Remstar Auto M-Series ?? JoyD. 7 2,838 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data Mersim85 11 1,069 01-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Respironics and disabling VS2 event spetzal 2 533 12-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: spetzal
  Respironics Series 60 Time setting software Moriarty 10 1,669 11-06-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: hybernate
  OSCAR and Respironics M Series teiksef 3 737 11-21-2021, 05:35 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.