Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics system one ?
RE: Respironics system one ?
(12-01-2014, 02:39 PM)laauxiliadora Wrote: Hola, necesito por favor una información, soy nuevo en el foro, si alguien puede pasarme el programa para leer la tarjeta de memoria de mi cpap respironic automatico. agradezco la información gracias : Gracias:

laauxiliadora Wrote:Translation:
Hi , I need information please , I 'm new to the forum, if anyone can spend the program to read the memory card from my automatic respironic cpap . I appreciate the info thanks : Thanks:

laauxiliadora, please put your questions in English, by going to Google translate, here:
https://translate.google.com/

You can get the software program called "SleepyHead" to help you read your memory card here:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/

laauxiliadora, por favor put your questions in Inglés on Google translate:
https://translate.google.com/

Usted puede obtener el programa de software llamado "SleepyHead" para ayudarle a leer la tarjeta de memoria aquí:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies ! regards Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 03:12 PM)archangle Wrote: The first online supplier I checked offered the upgrade kit (power supply, hose, lid) for $75 plus shipping.

I added the heated hose to my humidifier on my 560 by going this route. I think I had a 5-10% off coupon as well.

The upgrade is very easy: swap out the power supply, remove the old lid, install and plug in new lid, connect hose. It took all of 5 minutes, since I was being extra careful with removing the old lid. For $75+shipping, I feel that it is worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2014, 08:18 AM)Labrat0116 Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 08:26 AM)sthorn71 Wrote: Thanks everyone, I'll try adjusting the tube before looking to upgrade. Have a good weekend.
You're System One is the 60 series (has the heated tubing). I use a System One (50) Series with no heated tube.

My 50 Series has a setting to change the heat on the humidifer. Your 60 Series should as well. Big dial on the leftside of the machine. Just turn the heat setting back a few notches until it stops producing excess moisture.

(12-03-2014, 06:03 AM)dakuda Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 03:12 PM)archangle Wrote: The first online supplier I checked offered the upgrade kit (power supply, hose, lid) for $75 plus shipping

I added the heated hose to my humidifier on my 560 by going this route. I think I had a 5-10% off coupon as well.

The upgrade is very easy: swap out the power supply, remove the old lid, install and plug in new lid, connect hose. It took all of 5 minutes, since I was being extra careful with removing the old lid. For $75+shipping, I feel that it is worth it.

Thanks, I found this upgrade online also. My DME told me there was no upgrade and I would need a new humidifier. I haven't deceided if they are just in this for the money or are they uninformed. Now I have another question on this upgrade.... Is it working the same way that a humidifier that comes with this heated hose works? Also, if you want to switch back to a regular non heated hose, can you do that by just switching the hose, or do you need to remove the cover and put the old one back on.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2014, 08:02 AM)roe1549 Wrote: Thanks, I found this upgrade online also. My DME told me there was no upgrade and I would need a new humidifier. I haven't deceided if they are just in this for the money or are they uninformed. Now I have another question on this upgrade.... Is it working the same way that a humidifier that comes with this heated hose works? Also, if you want to switch back to a regular non heated hose, can you do that by just switching the hose, or do you need to remove the cover and put the old one back on.

Normally, I'd say never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. However, in the case of DME's assum both.

Yes, it works the same whether you have the kit or the original.

You can put an unheated hose on either type of humidifier.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME was also unaware that there was an upgrade. I had to tell them, and show it to them. They then called respironics and got it for me. I found a cash price for $75 but the insurance did cover it so I didn't have to pay.

The replacement is exactly the same as the standard unit. The lid just gets replaced with a powered lid, and the hose is replaced with a heated one. then the unit can be set to use the heated hose and new humidity settings. Or you can at any time go back to the standard humidification only with no heat. Either hose, heated or non can be used even after the kit is installed. Of course non heated hose will result in standard humidification.

I am extremely happy to have this upgrade and the people that recommended I get one, it is a very different more pleasant experience.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the info on the upgrade. First I will check with insurance to see if they will pay, but if not, I will get it anyway. Sounds easy to install.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,268 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.