Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics system one ?
Respironics system one ?
I think I know the answer to this question but I figured I would ask the experts, those of you sleeping through the nights with these machines attached to them. I currently have a respironics system one with the heated humidifier. It's taken me about a year to get the settings, arrangements and equipment right so that I can sleep through the night but this includes not using the humidifier as it creates moisture on my face and around the mask and causes leaking. like many of you I suffer from really bad sinus infections as well and I'm being told that my current symptoms are more related to the pressure of the CPAP and no humidification and not so much an infections. My question is if I get a CPAP with the heated tubing does the moisture issues at the mask go away? Thanks in advance for any insight that you may provide this dilemma and have a happy Halloween! Thanks, Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics system one ?
I can't speak for the system one, but my S9 heated tube measures the humidity at the mask end, and adjusts the temperature accordingly. I've never had rainout with the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have NEVER had anything but heated tubing. first on my Resmed S9 Autoset and now on my PRS 1 960 Bipap Auto SV.

I have never had a problem with moisture in the mask.

Which model Resperonics are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the System One with the heated tubing and use the humidifier each night but I have not had any problem with moisture.
I probably would have if I didn't have the heated tube though. The System One also has a setting where the machine measures and adjusts accordingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sthorn71,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use the heated hose on my S9AutoSet and don't have any problems with rainout.
Hang in there for more answers to your question, best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated tube will help reduce moisture condensing in the tube itself. The air may also be a bit warmer.

A few people will get moisture condensing in the mask itself, but the heated tube makes it go away for many people.

Many people will find they can fix rainout problems with a hose cover, or by attaching the middle of the hose to something such that water drains back into the humidifier or dribbles quickly down into the mask.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never used heated tubing, never had moisture or rain-out. It depends on a lot of factors, not least of how you arrange your tubing, so best to hang the tube overhead and let the bulk of it fall back to the machine, and you won't have the problem. And don't set the humidifier on the highest setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, I'll try adjusting the tube before looking to upgrade. Have a good weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2013, 08:26 AM)sthorn71 Wrote: Thanks everyone, I'll try adjusting the tube before looking to upgrade. Have a good weekend.
You're System One is the 60 series (has the heated tubing). I use a System One (50) Series with no heated tube.

My 50 Series has a setting to change the heat on the humidifer. Your 60 Series should as well. Big dial on the leftside of the machine. Just turn the heat setting back a few notches until it stops producing excess moisture.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the system one, 560 with the heated tube. I didn't get the correct 80W power brick, so the tube would not heat.

Now I have everything working, and am much happier with the results. Before, the humidity setting on manual needed adjusting for both room temperature and humidity. I got frequent rainout. With the tube heat and auto control, I have been more comfortable and no rainout.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,001 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 371 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.