Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics system one ?
RE: Respironics system one ?
My pr560 auto has the heated tubing and I used it for a few nights. But it being hot here I wanted cooler air until winter.

the 560 has what is called sytem one humidification also it does not show on the set up list if the heated tube is turned on. If you go into setup and turn off the heated hose then System One Humidification appears. It has 1 2 3 4 5 settings and uses the sensor that is in the mask end of the tube to monitor mask humidity along with sensing the ambient temperature and humidity in the room.

Its the mode im using now and can run more humidity but have cooler air to breathe. No rainout no moisture in the mask.

I have got my machine setting lower than the edge of my bed as water runs downhill but have not seen any condensation in the hose running either the System One Humidification or the heated hose mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the system one loaner for a month and it did NOT have a heated tube. I loved the way it worked and cleared my nasal passages out each night, I raved about it. A little over a week ago I got my own system one and it came with a heated tube. I have played with the settings a bit and do NOT seem to like the heated tube. I just went in to settings and turned the heated tube OFF. We'll see how I feel in the morning. Rolleyes I just hope that's ALL I changed. Those damned icons are confusing.

Regards,
-Joemac
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Yep, heated tube turned off fixed it, nasal passages feel great this morning. I'm guessing I'd need it it I still lived in my Canadian igloo. Oh-jeez

I thrashed around a lot from the looks of the graph but I think that was caused by the large corner piece of my granddaughters birthday cake. Grin The one with all the large red roses on it. Only woke up once to take a pee. HAI was 2.0, I've done better. Still got to perfect the setup for the nasal pillow. Leaks are OK but I'd like to do better with them.

Regards,
-Joemac
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2014, 11:28 AM)joemac05 Wrote: Yep, heated tube turned off fixed it, nasal passages feel great this morning. I'm guessing I'd need it it I still lived in my Canadian igloo. Oh-jeez

I thrashed around a lot from the looks of the graph but I think that was caused by the large corner piece of my granddaughters birthday cake. Grin The one with all the large red roses on it. Only woke up once to take a pee. HAI was 2.0, I've done better. Still got to perfect the setup for the nasal pillow. Leaks are OK but I'd like to do better with them.

Regards,
-Joemac

Yep right now im running the System One mode humidification. Set on 3.
I ran the heated tube set on 1 with humidification set on 2 when in that mode. It wasnt awful or anything just a tad warmer air than I wanted.
Got the option may as well use it.Grin

We heat with wood only so bedroom is kinda cool in the winter so if the air gets to cold Ill switch back to heated tube. Till then probably stick with System One Mode Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2014, 08:18 AM)Labrat0116 Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 08:26 AM)sthorn71 Wrote: Thanks everyone, I'll try adjusting the tube before looking to upgrade. Have a good weekend.
You're System One is the 60 series (has the heated tubing). I use a System One (50) Series with no heated tube.

My 50 Series has a setting to change the heat on the humidifer. Your 60 Series should as well. Big dial on the leftside of the machine. Just turn the heat setting back a few notches until it stops producing excess moisture.

Hi, my system one 560 does not have a heated tube. The DME told me I would have to upgrade at my expense to a different humidifier. I'm am confused, do I need a different humidifier or is it a matter of exchanging the hose?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The standard series 60 Humidifier can not use the heated tube. There is an upgrade kit that includes an 80 Watt power supply (necessary upgrade), new lid and heated tube. depending on your original prescription the DME may have been required to provide the upgrade as part of what your insurance paid for, subject to your copay.
It might be about a $70 upgrade, but some DMEs live in the clouds and can make up their own numbers. An online supplier offers the complete heated tube humidifier and hose for $229.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well its winter wood burner in full swing and I have switched to the heated hose mode for the last month. Glad I have it. If I didnt Id probably be looking into getting it.

In the dry air caused by the wood burner and with a cool to cold bedroom I can run 90 percent humidity which is wide open, using a tank of water in 8 hours and still have a dry hose in the am.

If you get a PRS1 series sixty just go ahead and get the heated hose when you do. Easier than the the conversion later. You dont have to run it if you dont want too, but youll probably see a good period of time youll want too LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hola, necesito por favor una información, soy nuevo en el foro, si alguien puede pasarme el programa para leer la tarjeta de memoria de mi cpap respironic automatico. agradezco la información gracias : Gracias:
Post Reply Post Reply
The first online supplier I checked offered the upgrade kit (power supply, hose, lid) for $75 plus shipping.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 01:15 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Well its winter wood burner in full swing and I have switched to the heated hose mode for the last month. Glad I have it. If I didnt Id probably be looking into getting it.

In the dry air caused by the wood burner and with a cool to cold bedroom I can run 90 percent humidity which is wide open, using a tank of water in 8 hours and still have a dry hose in the am.

If you get a PRS1 series sixty just go ahead and get the heated hose when you do. Easier than the the conversion later. You dont have to run it if you dont want too, but youll probably see a good period of time youll want too LOL.

Thanks for the information.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.