Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics vs Resmed nasal masks
Respironics vs Resmed nasal masks
I am using the Respironics.  The mask is soft all the way round and at the hose connection on the top of the mask/,  I am finding it tends to leak, particularly with movement of my head.  The Resmed on the other hand, looks as though it has a rigid bit at the top/at the hose connection.    I am thinking of changing as it seems to me this rigid bit would make it less susceptible to leaking.  

Would appreciate comments from anyone from anyone wearing the Ressmed

And will the Respironics under-the-nose cushion work with the Resmed mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics vs Resmed nasal masks
The ResMed P10 is the first mask I recommend trying. It is light weight and very minimalist, unintrusive, and quietest masks out there. You will need some from of hose management with it as the weight of the hose can, and frequently does dislodge it and cause leaks. A strip of cloth safety pinned or velcroed around the hoes and attached to either PJs or your pillow works great.

All masks will work with all machines, unless it is one of few specifically designed for some of the mini travel machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
As for Respironics cushions mixing with ResMed or vise versa, no I don't think they're compatible.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My bad, I read masks, not cushions. Cushions are not exchangeable between other mask models and definitely not between brands.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 10:20 AM)bonjour Wrote: The ResMed P10 is the first mask I recommend trying.  It is light weight and very minimalist, unintrusive, and quietest masks out there.  You will need some from of hose management with it as the weight of the hose can, and frequently does dislodge it and cause leaks.  A strip of cloth safety pinned or velcroed around the hoes and attached to either PJs or your pillow works great.  

All masks will work with all machines, unless it is one of few specifically designed for some of the mini travel machines.

Sorry, I should have specified the Resmed mask:  N30i.  It is almost identical to the Respironics (don,t have a model number for this one), except for the rigid bit at the top. They both have the hose coming out of the top; don't think I could handle one with a hose coming from my face.

Neat idea a strip of cloth and a safety pin to anchor the hose!
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW the only mask cushion combo I know that does a swap successfully is a ResMed N30i and P30i. I've heard these cushions swap to the others frame.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, again:    I should have googled the cushion before writing.  It is specifically stated that it is not compatible with any other mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem, now if anyone else has this question, we've got the answer here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had used the DreamWear nasal cushion and now use the N30i.

For me, the N30i cushion stays better positioned throughout the night.

Some online sellers have mask insurance where you can return a mask within 30 days if it doesn’t work for you.

So, may be worth trying the N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,708 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 508 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,801 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 428 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 263 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 312 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 857 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.