Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resscan 5.9 not showing "Flow" data [solved, see post #16]
Resscan 5.9 not showing "Flow" data [solved, see post #16]
Hi

I am really liking this forum / community.

My 1st post :-)

I have a Resmed S9 Autoset and Resscan 5.9 installed on my PC. I have been reading the post on how to interpret the data. The post refers to the "flow" graph but I cannot find it in the software.

Is it only available on Resscan 6 and is it worth the hassle with Windows disliking the install package?

Would people recommend Oscar instead?

Thanks for your thoughts.

G
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resscan 5.9 not showing "Flow" data
Yes OSCAR, and not just because I'm on the team. It is easier to use and interpret than ResScan and is the preferred software for forum members.
Organiz the charts per the organize link in my signature and post (attach) a screenprint of your dailies and ask us to explain what it means. much easier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent,

Thank  you Fred. Downloading now.

G
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. Still not seeing "flow". Screenshot attached.

Could my CPAP need a firmware update or configuration? It is a 2014 device.

G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have it set to be active in the Daily screen? Also, how recently was this data recorded?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
looks like the overview tab. you want the daily tab.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2019, 12:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Do you have it set to be active in the Daily screen? Also, how recently was this data recorded?

Hi

You are right, it was the overview screen but if I go to the Daily tab I just saw that it said "there is no data to graph" and "Summary Only :-(". I just scrolled back over a number of days and the same effect applies.

The data runs for at least 365 days right up to last night. 

Resscan shows the detailed charts using the same SD card which is odd.

Re "is the daily screen set to Active?" I cannot find such an option but have attached a couple of Dail screen clips that look quite telling... not sure why I am getting "Sessions are all off" and "sessions exist for this day but are switched off".

Again, any insights are very welcome.

G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
this may or may not be the problem: the sd card has to be unlocked and in the cpap machine during use to get anything beyond summary data.

in resscan, you have to go to the 'details' tab to get the flow rate graph. as I recall details download separately for each day and that info disappears if you change days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you  LOCK your SD card when you inserted it into the reader on your computer?  Windows writes System Volume Information to the card.  Then, when you put the card back into your CPAP machine, the ResMed S9 thinks the card has been corrupted and reformats it.  Your machine does remember basic summary data, so when you later try to read data from the card, all that Oscar can find is the summary data; the detail data has been lost.

So be sure to lock the card whenever you connect the card to a Windows machine.  (This has nothing to do with either ResScan or Oscar -- it is purely a Windows thing that the ResMed S9 is interpreting as a corrupted card.)

If you did lock your card, then maybe your reader is not honoring the lock!  That happens.  You can confirm that by trying to copy any small file to your SD card when it is locked.  Solution then is to get a different SD card reader that honors the lock switch or use a utility that stops Windows from writing that information to your card.  See this post for a utility that does that.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What machine only stores 1 wk of detailed data? then overwrites?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 2 87 12 minutes ago
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 99 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 120 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,356 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 443 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.