Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resscan 5.9 not showing "Flow" data [solved, see post #16]
RE: Resscan 5.9 not showing "Flow" data
(09-14-2019, 05:28 PM)glynnr Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 12:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Do you have it set to be active in the Daily screen? Also, how recently was this data recorded?

Hi

You are right, it was the overview screen but if I go to the Daily tab I just saw that it said "there is no data to graph" and "Summary Only :-(". I just scrolled back over a number of days and the same effect applies.

The data runs for at least 365 days right up to last night. 

Resscan shows the detailed charts using the same SD card which is odd.

Re "is the daily screen set to Active?" I cannot find such an option but have attached a couple of Dail screen clips that look quite telling... not sure why I am getting "Sessions are all off" and "sessions exist for this day but are switched off".

Again, any insights are very welcome.

G

Click on the red/black box to turn it to green/black and see what it shows.  Also, to the right on the bottom, use the drop down box to turn the graphs on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the S9 only stores 5 to 7 days of detailed data whereas the AS10 stores up to 30 days.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would explain the lack of detailed data on an S9 SD card. Could this be the case here?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, we're jumping all over the place here. Let's get back to the original question and tackle this systematically.

1. The Flow chart is not showing up in ResScan v5.9   Answer: The flow chart will not show up unless you have detailed data on your SD card OR if "Flow" is not turned on in the ResScan settings. In ResScan click on Detailed Graphs and the date you want to view. If detailed data is present the daily graphs will show up, otherwise you'll get an error message saying "No detailed data available". If you get this message, then see below. Else, click on the chart selector (see image) and ensure Flow is turned on in the summary, navigation and detailed tabs. Your screen should now look something like this:

2. Flow not showing up in Oscar.  Answer: Familiarise yourself with the Oscar program. Please read the Oscar Help wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help    Look particularly at the following:

- Basic Oscar organisation:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganisation
- Daily Page:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Daily_Page
- Overview page:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rview_Page

In the daily page, ensure that Flow Rate is turned on (green) in the Chart Selector at the bottom right corner. If Flow Rate is not a visible option, go to File | Preferences | Waveforms. Turn it on, select OK then restart Oscar.

3. Sessions are all off!  Look at the Daily Page help, Items 10 and 11 in the left side bar - make sure you haven't turned all the sessions off.

4. "There is no data to graph" and "Summary Only :-(" (Also ResScan "No detailed data available") This indicates that your SD card doesn't have detailed data for that date. It may have summary data but unless the detailed data is present then Oscar can't draw a page. With the S9 series, the machine stores summary data internally (more-or-less forever), but detailed and high resolution data are stored on the card. Hi resolution data (eg mask pressure) is only stored for 7 days then over-written. Detailed data was stored for ~30 days then overwritten. Why Resmed adopted such a frankly stupid process is beyond me - I suspect they though the card would fill up too quickly otherwise. The solution to this is to ensure your card is downloaded at least once a week.

5. Does the card need reformatting? Some operating systems (eg Windows 10) write an index file to all SD cards inserted into the computer's card reader. The S9 sees this file as evidence of a corrupted drive and offers to reformat it. If you do the reformat then everything is wiped and the machine will then repopulate the card with summary data only. Any detailed or hi resolution data on the card is lost unless it has already been downloaded to your computer. One way to overcome this is to ensure that the card is locked (little sliding tab) before inserting it into the computer. This solution doesn't always work as some card readers don't recognise the lock. This is a real PITA. If you find this is the case, then you need to run a registry edit tool to prevent Windows writing the index file.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the nice comprehensive explanation DeepBreathing! if the wiki includes FAQs maybe this should be included?
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem solved.

I just uploaded fresh data from last night and it works. I did set the SD card to read only before uploading the info but will tray again tomorrow without to see if that was a factor.

Thanks all.

G
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.