Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climatelineair / humidifcation
Climatelineair / humidifcation
So I use ckinatelineair and humidifier on S10 apap. It’s in manual with humidifier set at 2 and hose set at 30C. In my head then this means it’s set at 2 humidification and 30C hose all night yes?

I have EPR off and a range of pressure between 8 and 20.

When I first turn my machine on I feel nice warm humid air clears my nasal passages and is comfortable. During the night I wake up and the airs cold and I’m dry. 

Why is this when there’s water still in the chamber and the hose temperature shouldn’t have changed? 

I also use a hose cover and I have hose under my quilts! I wake up sweaty so the house can’t be that cold.

Any tips or hints?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Climatelineair / humidifcation
Last night I turned the humidifer off on my AirSense 10 Autoset. I had a full tank of water and I about froze my nose last night. I lasted about two hours before I shut if off. 

I've always have the Climate Control on automatic, and it's been fine. This morning, it's back to auto. 

No idea as to what could have caused your experience. Have you tried leaving yours in the auto mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I’ve tried auto but still leaves me very dry! Is it maybe the constant air from not having EPR on? Or could it be my rooms too cold?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ambient room temperature and humidity will have some influence on what your PAP humidifier and heated hose settings need to be for your comfort. If you suffer from dry mouth, consider turning the humidifier up a click and see if it helps.

Note some like Auto humidity control, some like manual. Both still use the dial to edit output. I myself like higher output and used manual mode.

Set humidity to suit then edit heated hose to prevent rainout.

EPR means Exhale Pressure Relief and likely should not affect dryness. EPR will likely give more comfortable therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AirSense 10 Auto with ClimateLineAir hose visiter555 4 721 11-26-2022, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Help with humidifcation WhatIsSleep? 3 666 12-30-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  ClimateLineAir Oxy Tubing vs. ClimateLineAir standard Remember2Breathe 4 1,356 02-06-2021, 01:18 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? SevereApnea 17 1,427 12-20-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ClimateLineAir Oxygen Inlet CPAPUserDave 5 1,041 04-15-2020, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ClimateLineAir Tubing Jacqv21 10 4,996 02-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Last Post: datavortex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.