Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Restless sleeping and twitching
Restless sleeping and twitching
I've been using my CPAP for the last few years and I honestly don't know if it's helping or not. Sometimes I think it is. Other times like this last week I feel like it can only be making things worse. I'm depressed, anxious, out of it, tired and just can't focus. It's frustrating.

I had an ex gf tell me I am a restless sleeper. I twitch and move alot. I got the oura ring to see how much movement and restlessness and it confirmed that it's bad. It's also showing that I'm awake for extended periods of time throughout the night, which I'm assuming is the restlessness.

I have moderate sleep apnea but I'm wondering if this is another issue that needs to be addressed?

Anyone have experience with this and success fixing it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restless sleeping and twitching
best to post some oscar charts. I thrashed pretty wildly before pap. the struggle to breathe through apnea will do that to you. but pap has managed my apnea pretty well and I've continued to have issues which, no thanks to my sleep doc, I discovered is from periodic limb movement. restless legs and periodic limb movement leave me almost as exhausted as apnea did. restlessness may have other causes with which I'm not very familiar, like stress, meds and pain, I presume, but it's usually easy to see plm in your oscar flow rate graph to confirm or rule out. if it's there, pap won't help but treatment is essential to extend time between awakenings.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your post sheepless. Very helpful.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
When I had my sleep study done 6 years ago I had 116 PLMS arousals . My doctor recommended a dose of 300mg of Gabapentin each night before going to bed . I have been taking the Gabapentin every night and my PLMS arousals have been reduced significantly (50% at least) .  You may want to check with your doctor and see if it would be suitable for you .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 810 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.