Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Restlessness and Restless Leg Syndrome
RE: Restlessness and Restless Leg Syndrome
I used to feel restlessness on my legs, too, but it just disappeared. It's replaced with, for lack of a better term, restless right arm syndrome, as dumb as it may sound. My left arm isn't affected, always the right arm. I remedy this by loosely tying my right arm with the blanket, or putting it under a pillow in awkward positions. Still it keeps me awake for maybe 15 to 20 mins before I fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 10:34 AM)Brian T Wrote: I have my apnea controlled, but I  have sleep restlessness and Restless Leg Syndrome. 

My physcian prescribes Lyrica and Neurontin but I am concerned about long term side effects, mostly memory loss. 

Any thoughts on this issue?  

Any natural options for restlessness and RLS?

Brian

are you diabetics? inject insulin? Nearly every diabetics gets restless legs after long time. Also me (typ 1 diabetics since 47 years now)
You can check your Nerve conduction velocity, this is one reason mostly. Good luck
Christian[url=https://www.linguee.de/englisch-deutsch/uebersetzung/nerve+conduction+velocity.html][/url]
Post Reply Post Reply
Several good posts here concerning Restless Leg Syndrome.  Sleep apnea, anemia, diabetes and RLS are conditions that are co-related and feed on each other - if you have on of them, you probably have another.  By all means please see your doctor for a complete physical including blood work.  If you are having episodes of RLS there is a high probability that you have other related conditions that are much more serious, especially anemia and diabetes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had RLS since toddlerhood. I have trialed all the vitamins, minerals and above listed prescriptions. My iron, magnesium etc are at the top of the scale. My doctors say that it’s genetic and there is nothing left to try. I also tested positive for PLMD along with RLS. It is not a night/day issue in my case, it is every day and night. What does work? CBD and medical mmj. It makes me so sleepy that my legs don’t annoy me at night and I sleep better. Just observations, not trying to start disagreements. YMMV ? (mods, if not allowed, please remove my post)
Post Reply Post Reply
I suffer RLS from time to time and a doctor some years ago recommended paracetamol (acetaminophen in America). I was sceptical but, to be honest, I find it does help.

Like an earlier commenter posted, I too find that I get RLS more when it's hot and uncovering my legs to cool them down makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [CPAP] Beyond ASV with Overlap Syndrome! SarcasticDave94 278 21,408 10-16-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] I have TMJ Syndrome and mask straps can aggravate it. KStanLD 7 1,031 07-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Uphold9887
  Restless sleeping and twitching timlearns 3 838 12-15-2021, 09:57 PM
Last Post: nadprok
  Do I have Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS)? 1g0tquestions 5 1,519 07-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need advice for severe flow limitations, restless sleep and nasal surgery 17WRX 7 1,758 03-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: tarah
  Your rec 4 nasal pillow side sleeper (not restless) Liteheart1 0 852 03-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  CA while "awake" or "restless" Wcwilson 35 4,034 09-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.