Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Restroom during night
Restroom during night
Hello everyone. I have had a week with my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, so far so good. One question I have that I can't really find anywhere is the restroom question. If you get up during the night to use the restroom. Do you leave the machine running? I wear the Swift FX and the only time so far that I had to, I just disconnected the hose from the mask. Was this correct?

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I'm not disrupting the space time continuum with my actions.

Thanks.....Sleep On Friends.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restroom during night
You want to turn the machine off when you get up for a bathroom break. You can either reach over and push the button, or you can activate the auto start feature in the settings menu. The auto start will both start the machine when you mask up and start breathing through it and it will auto stop the machine shortly after you remove the mask - there are a few masks that the auto start might not work with properly, but most masks will work for the auto start feature.

At any rate, whether or not you push the button or use the auto start feature, you should turn off (stop the blower) when you take a bathroom break.

If you are reviewing your data - leaving it on will confuse the machine and may register a large leak if you leave it running when you take the mask off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm old, male, and sleep alone.

I've got a plastic "urinal" (like they use in hospitals) hooked to my bed and I and just roll over and use it. No de-masking required.

HEY!....I said I was old, male & sleep alone. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 11:29 PM)eddie willers Wrote: I'm old, male, and sleep alone.

I've got a plastic "urinal" (like they use in hospitals) hooked to my bed and I and just roll over and use it. No de-masking required.

Too much information Big Grinnie
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn the machine off and then take the mask off. I don't disconnect anything.

Upon return, I put the mask on and turn the machine back on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 11:29 PM)eddie willers Wrote: I'm old, male, and sleep alone.

Well now we know why you sleep alone. How you got old and male is your problem. Laugh-a-lot
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
tinstartio,

Within another week or so you may not even care. It is quite likely you'll simply not have to get up at night. Now, that's relief.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tinstartio,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I turn my machine off when I get up to use the restroom and turn it back on when I come back to bed.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
After using my Resmed A10 for a few weeks, I was no longer awake most of the night. I rarely have to get up in the middle of the night for nature calls. When I do, I press the stop button on the top, remove the mask, and take care of business. When I make it back to bed, I reseat my mask and re-ignite the machine and go back to the slumber mode.

YMMV, Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, this question comes up every so often and I don't understand it. To me, it is just natural to turn the machine off when it is not on my nose. Kind of like if I wash my hands and I step away from the sink, I turn the water off.

But, as common as the question is, I must be missing something. What is it?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
Question Higher AHI after getting up to use restroom larrykay 7 741 06-19-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: larrykay
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 895 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,340 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,233 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,251 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.