Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Results from ResMed Air Sense vs Dreamstation
Results from ResMed Air Sense vs Dreamstation
The difference is crazy. My old ResMed (S9) was giving results in the AHI range of 1.0 or less but the new Dream Station was giving me results in the range of 4.5 upward. Lots of obstructive apneas and hypopneas.

I got the new ResMed Air Sense 2 day's ago and my AHI is now back to 0.43 one night and last night 0.63.  The leaks are low as well.

I don't understand how a machine can make such a difference, but it did. Same mask, same everything, just a different brand of machine.  I am happy that I have this new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Results from ResMed Air Sense vs Dreamstation
Next I am going to try the Bleep mask, if that works I will be a happy camper. No more head gear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I think Resmed and PR (DreamStation) calculate AHI differently.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be very interesting to see some comparative daily screens from Oscar - some with Resmed, some with Philips.

The Resmed is known to react very quickly to precursor events while the Philips gets up to speed more slowly, so this may be part of the answer - it's probably necessary to run the Philips at a higher minimum pressure to compensate.

Hydrangea also has a point - it may be the case (and I'm not sure) that the definition of hypopnea is different between the machines. Eg one may record an hypopnea ta 40% reduction and one may require 50% (or something like that). I'm sure that's been documented somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can certainly post some screen shots if you all like. Since my switch to the same brand machine, my AHI is very very low as compared to the Dream Station. Now I am consistently under 1.0
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 350 8 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 185 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 205 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,038 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.