Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Results from ResMed ApneaLink Air
Results from ResMed ApneaLink Air
Hello, 

I had an in-home sleep study last night, and I retrieved the results from the device. I'm supposed to meet with the doctor next week, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to take a look at the results to get any info from it. I downloaded EDFBrowser and it looks to me like there is a multiple apneas recorded in the data, but I am not an expert by any means. Thanks for the help. 

dropbox.com/s/sdcuve4tn7xh8ks/20180419_220913_93114037D1884CCAC1D613CD714FFE59_0002.edf?dl=0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Results from ResMed ApneaLink Air
Hi ASP1993,
Are you able to use the attachment feature to post your sleep study results here?

See my signature line for directions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, my file size is too large (6 MB).
Post Reply Post Reply
ASP, your file type comes up as .edf. What is that? Should it be PDF?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider, that is the file format that the ResMed ApneaAir stores the data in. It's a European medical file standard. I found a way to export to a PDF though via the EDFBrowser. This is with the time scale set to 5 minutes. Thanks.

Attached Files
.pdf   StudyResultsPDF.pdf (Size: 196.16 KB / Downloads: 122)
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a very brief segment of the night, with the upper wave-form being respiratory flow measured at the nasal canula, and the next line being respiratory effort measured by a chest belt. There are several pauses in respiration where respiratory effort is present, so the diagnosis will be obstructive for those events. This may be arousal, and we see it had minor variable impact on the pulse rate and no effect on SpO2 saturation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks for taking a look. Are these results consistent with sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ASP1993,
It looks like you have shown the first 5 min of the test, you are probably still awake. They will throw that section of the test out and not score it. When you're awake your breathing is not as regular as when you're asleep.
I don't know that anyone here has the expertise to accurately score a sleep test.
I looked at the full file. It looks pretty good to me. In my opinion it doesn't look like you have sleep apnea. If you do, it is mild.
Please let us know your results when you get them.
I am not an expert or anything of the sort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
ASP1993,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 475 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.