Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Results from pulse oximeter/ new member
Results from pulse oximeter/ new member
I bought a pulse oximeter and got these results while sleeping the other night. I'm 6'2, 275lbs and wear 38/34 jeans not tight in the waist. Size 21 neck. Blood pressure has been high and I take 40mgs lisinopril. I had my tonsils, adenoids and a tongue reduction 2 yrs ago and it helped significantly for apnea. Guess I can't avoid a cpap machine which I tried and hated. They issued me a mask covering my mouth and nose because I breathe mostly through my mouth while sleeping. Seal broke because I sleep on my side.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Results from pulse oximeter/ new member
attached
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely some things going on there that CPAP should improve. So what's your next step? Home or clinical sleep study? Prescription? Looking down the road, it seems you are someone that is engaged in their health, and a good quality machine that gives you feedback in the form of data should help you to succeed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I plan on scheduling a clinical sleep study and go from there. Just hope the pressure will be lower this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dw1973,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you at your sleep study and also with getting used to the CPAP machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Cpap is not fun but it will improve your life. Side sleeping can help reduce loss of air flow. It does take some work to get your sleeping arrangement to work. Many of us find a pillow that does not touch the mask.

Better sleep and more oxygen are worth the effort. If you are like a lot of us you will wish that you had started sooner.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 03:09 PM)Dw1973 Wrote: I plan on scheduling a clinical sleep study and go from there. Just hope the pressure will be lower this time.

Hi Dw1973,

Not sure if you mean the pressure during the sleep study or the prescription to follow the sleep study.

The sleep study itself will include a range of pressures and part of it (at least in my case) was very uncomfortable pressure level. They have to try the whole gamut of pressure ranges to find the optimal pressure which produces the best results.

Chances are that will not be the highest pressure you experience during the study because they go beyond what is effective so they can find the sweet spot.

So take some comfort in that the sleep study is a one night ordeal with really just a few minutes of really uncomfortable pressure levels.

If you meant the prescription pressure after the study, you can probably experiment with different types of masks to find what is most comfortable for you.

good luck, I hope you find a comfortable solution that works for you.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,930 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 66 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 116 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 103 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,158 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 434 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.