Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Results of 1st titration
Results of 1st titration
Meeting with Sleep Doc #1 yesterday, got the results from titration in June:

The raw data:
[img][Image: iwduDXLt.jpg][/img]

His comments on data:
[img][Image: UI9XFBEt.jpg][/img]

No real surprises, we had a conversation about my continuing major fatigue, brain damage caused by untreated sleep apnea, there does not seem to be a cure for the fatigue, he did prescribe Modafinil to give me a lift when I need it...all day, lol...

He basically denied any link between pressure and being kept away, did not see the need for ASV therapy etc, etc...

I was re reading my respiratory tests and the damage I have to my lungs, while not severe does cause fatigue...will go see the respirologist again soon..

Seeing a new sleep doc on Thursday, my last kick at the sleep doc can..the more I research and meet with docs I am seeing that a lot of my sleep/breathing issues are outside their remit...ah well, one day/doc at a time..

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Results of 1st titration
What's remarkable is that you were able to fall asleep in 30 minutes.
Many, including myself, seem to lie there for hours before falling asleep.

Best Wishes,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 10:37 AM)justMongo Wrote: What's remarkable is that you were able to fall asleep in 30 minutes.
Many, including myself, seem to lie there for hours before falling asleep.

Best Wishes,

Mongo

Well with this level of fatigue falling asleep is the easy part..Smile

S

Post Reply Post Reply
Storywizard -- Your RDI in this study was 11.1. That's significant. And "a degree of alpha intrusion" might be too. Both of those strike me as relevant to your chronic fatigue. It isn't clear from the report at what point (during the pressure increases) these two things improved, or if they did improve at all throughout the titration. Worth asking the new doc about.

The alpha intrusion (aka alpha-delta sleep) is a common finding in people with fibromyalgia.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 03:17 PM)kaiasgram Wrote: Storywizard -- Your RDI in this study was 11.1. That's significant. And "a degree of alpha intrusion" might be too. Both of those strike me as relevant to your chronic fatigue. It isn't clear from the report at what point (during the pressure increases) these two things improved, or if they did improve at all throughout the titration. Worth asking the new doc about.

The alpha intrusion (aka alpha-delta sleep) is a common finding in people with fibromyalgia.

Ah, thanks for that Kaiasgram...I have to say the doc I saw yesterday did not seem overly interested in my complexities...
But then I am not surprised...

I am making a mini report for the new doc...it would be great if I could get some answers...or even one..lol

The Bronchial condition I have is : Bronchiectasis I am seeing now why the respirologist is having my chest scanned again in January...

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 03:26 PM)storywizard Wrote: Ah, thanks for that Kaiasgram...I have to say the doc I saw yesterday did not seem overly interested in my complexities...

I am making a mini report for the new doc...it would be great if I could get some answers...or even one..lol

The Bronchial condition I have is : Bronchiectasis I am seeing now why the respirologist is having my chest scanned again in January...

Storywizard

Bronchiectasis was a new one for me so I looked it up. How long have you had it? That does make for a complicated respiratory case and any sleep doc of yours should be "overly interested" in it. Like, could it be a contributing factor in your arousals during sleep...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 06:22 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 03:26 PM)storywizard Wrote: Ah, thanks for that Kaiasgram...I have to say the doc I saw yesterday did not seem overly interested in my complexities...

Storywizard

Bronchiectasis was a new one for me so I looked it up. How long have you had it? That does make for a complicated respiratory case and any sleep doc of yours should be "overly interested" in it. Like, could it be a contributing factor in your arousals during sleep...

I had pneumonia when I was 42, so 23 years, the respiratory doc figures I got very poor care...no scans or xrays....so even though I would tell doctors I don't have the same energy as before the illness, or my chest is wheezing, or I can't get my breath in hot weather.. they would basically ignore me...until now...fatigue is the big one, along with needing oxygen if/when it gets bad at some point in the future...I guess that is why she thought the ASV was OK...as it helps me breathe....wonder of wonders...

one more piece of the puzzle...hope it not a thousand piece one though..Smile

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 06:54 PM)storywizard Wrote: one more piece of the puzzle...hope it not a thousand piece one though..Smile
Storywizard
I hope so too.Smile Keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.