Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Results so far, 1 week in; 50/50
Results so far, 1 week in; 50/50

Hi All, and thanks once again to everyone who helped to advise me in getting the Resmed 9 Auto CPAP; it came in the mail last wednesday along with a very nice nasal mask and I have used it every night since.

Results so far? Mixed, to be honest. Wed and Thurs were very hard, Friday also......saturday and sunday night were the best yet as far as getting used to sleeping with the mask on and falling asleep quickly, but I am still waking up with bloodshot eyes and not feeling completely rested.

My nocturia problem, which was "severe" before, as in getting up 5 or 6 times per night to pee, seems to be down to 2 now; still too much because you always dread trying to go back to sleep with the mask on, and indeed it takes about 30 mins each time. Ugghhhh.

I am trying, and to be honest I think I am further along after 5 nights than many people are; my brother and many others just plain quit by this time, and even for myself during my trial period I was only successful about 10% of the time in getting a decent sleep. But now I'm very determined to get used to the mask and get the benefits from the CPAP, I just hope I can get at least ONE full night's sleep soon without feeling like a blob in the morning.....THEN I will know it's really working!

Looking forward to joining all you sound sleepers soon Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Results so far, 1 week in; 50/50
Hi Route67, That's GREAT, just keep on keepin' on with it. GREAT RESOLVE.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. Please fill in your profile with machine type and pressure. Do you have the AutoSet machine? If so, the SleepyHead software may help.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent! Keep at it. Really, it is worth it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine

S9 setup video and how to get the clinician manual
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

How to obtain the ResScan and SH software
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-3-16-SP1
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, and Thanks Paula, you were the first one to recommend the model I ended up getting. I got it from the distributors page here, slightly used, and with mask included it was still only $640, shipping included.

Yes, my machine is AutoSet.......thanks for the tips and I will fill in my profile now.

This forum is excellent, by the way.....thanks to everyone who posts here, it would be easy to just go ahead and leave here once you started sleeping soundly, but you stick around to answer questions and provide help for others, which is very much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fingers crossed and the truck don't die, I'm going to be getting an S9 Autoset next month. Secondwind now sells them without the humidifier which puts the price within range.

You know how Real Life goes, as soon as you have enough money set aside for something, something else needs it more. Dog gets sick, truck needs brakes...
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
We can't just leave because we are sleeping good, it is far too much fun to give Paula a hard time! Smile J/K!
Paula, I hope everything works out for you to be able to get what you want! The difference between a brick and a data-capable APAP is night and day! You will be so happy! You might even improve your therapy with an Auto! That would be great! You know I've already been down that road and I hope that you are as happy with your new addition to the household as I am! I just love the pitter-patter of little feet! LOL! Before you buy it without the humidifier though, make sure you can save up and get a humidifier by itself down the road. If you can't get a humidifier to go with it later, you may want to wait....just a thought. I know it is hard to do but no regrets!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2012, 06:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Fingers crossed and the truck don't die, I'm going to be getting an S9 Autoset next month. Secondwind now sells them without the humidifier which puts the price within range.

The old PRS1 model 50 series APAP is on sale now from Supplier #1 for $595. Comes with a humidifier and works great with SleepyHead software.

I'm just sayin'.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I will be sticking to the S9 is because I already have the Escape with the humidifier. I can just use it with the Autoset.

I kept going back and forth on which one to get - S9 vs PSR1. It is a big money investment! My mind was made up when I saw they will sell them without the humidifier and that brings the cost to within the budget.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.