Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resupply Subscription + Insurance?
Resupply Subscription + Insurance?
Hello! New to the forum...

Is anyone aware of a vendor for CPAP supplies that will send supplies on a schedule -- a subscription -- and will bill my insurer? I've been using my local provider's DME/CPAP office, and while they do bill my insurance, they do not automatically send supplies according to a schedule; I need to phone them each month.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resupply Subscription + Insurance?
Welcome
Welcome to our forum.

Typically Insurance wants you to use as little as possible and the DME wants you to use as much as possible.  It is a good thing to try and have some control over it.

Ask them to remind you.  Mine asks me what I need, then they ask if it's broke in any way.  You answer yes and you get the supplies.

Trust me, you do not need everything they will send you.  you will have spares for your spares, for your spares.  
i'd suggest that except for mask cushions and filters having two of everything is typically more than enough.  So two complete masks, two standard hoses, two heated hoses, two humidifier chambers.  

and when you 'retire' and replace your CPAP, keep it as a backup, to get you thru until your primary machine that broke can be fixed or replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME emails me every three months (daily it seems) saying it is time to get supplies. They provide a link to their website so you can check off what you need (or want) and then follow it up with a phone call. We have enough spare stuff we could almost open our own DME (just kidding). It works out as my wife goes through masks faster than I do and we use the same model so she ends up with a couple of my cushions in the long run. She can never remember what box to take them out of. :-)
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Hi, MDawson  With Medicare, the DME is not allowed to send you any supplies unless you request them and confirm that you need replacements.  Other insurers might have similar requirements.  So if you're not on Medicare, you'll want to find out if your insurer will let the DME resupply automatically, or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't believe any of them resupply automatically.  They either call you or you call them to confirm what is needed.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, all! I appreciate your help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 53 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 213 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,670 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 314 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 333 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 3,010 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 458 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.