Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resvent iBreeze CPAP
Resvent iBreeze CPAP
Hi, I want to find out if anyone has already tried out this new type of machines? They are a lot cheaper than for instance, the Resmed machines, but I am reluctant to buy it if I am not sure about the quality and the sealing of the masks. 

Regards 
Kobus
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resvent iBreeze CPAP
G'day Kobus. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I haven't tried that particular machine, but I've just been going over the website and brochure.

The first thing is that the company is only a couple of years old - this may or may not be an indication of anything, but they haven't had time to build a solid track record.

Second, their machines look very good on paper with a professional appearance and features comparable to the equivalent Resmed and Philips models.

Third, their website is a bit flakey with a lot of dead links etc. Also their material has not been translated into English in a polished manner. Again, this may not be indicative of anything, but I would like to see a bit more attention to detail from a medical manufacturer. (Having said that, the Resmed and Philips sites are pretty messy, too).

Fourth, it's unlikely the machines are compatible with #SleepyHead, which will be important in terms of the detailed assistance you can expect from forums such as this.

Last, it is generally the case that any mask will work on any machine (except the new Resmed Mini). I didn't pick it up in the specs, but I assume the Resvent machines will also have standard hose types with standard mask interfaces.

If I were in your shoes, I'd give this one a miss and go for one of the proven brands. I hear what you say about the cost, but it is possible to buy Resmed and Philips machines on-line for a lot less than the medical distribution channels in other countries (certainly the case for AUS, not sure about SAF). Your health may be on the line here, and it's probably worth the extra $$ to get a proven product rather than a cheaper one from a startup company which is yet to prove itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback. That is my concerns as well. From there the question. This machine will be for my son, who was also recently diagnosed with apnea. I will rather get him a Resmed as well. I have been using mine now for almost 6 years. Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kobusven,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I had seen the YouTube video that referenced this forum. My DME supplier gave me a Resvent iBreeze 20A (Medicare coverage) and I had no idea that I could specify what I wanted.  My doctor told me that all of the name brand devices were a long lead time delivery and that the suggested supplier had a supply of the Resvent units.  I guess I will see how this works out and see if this CPAP does what it's supposed to do.

Ed/KC8RXQ
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 132 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 101 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 5 178 03-09-2024, 01:36 PM
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
  Resvent iBreeze 20A my take kake26 5 719 01-31-2024, 03:42 PM
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 763 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,572 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.