Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken?
Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken?
    [attachment=43143]     Hi, 
I've been using the Resvent iBreeze with a pillow mask for about 3 weeks now with really decent results. AHI went from over 50 to consistently under 5 pretty much overnight. Last night as I was getting the hoses & water tank hooked up again after cleaning earlier in the day, and it would do about half its startup procedure and then hang, then start again after a minute or so. Seemed like a glitch, so I checked for residual water where it shouldn't be, looked at my SD card placement, made sure the tank was at the right water level, unplugged & replugged a few times. Finally, after replacing the filter (it wasn't too dirty) it finally woke up again. 

Then the weirdest thing happened. I woke up several times with an open mouth and air coming out at what seemed like full pressure. I kept trying again, but at about 6am, I finally gave up. Bad night. I haven't had ANY issues with my mouth opening since starting CPAP/APAP, so I'm thinking this had something to do with the glitch. I checked all my settings, and they don't appear to have changed, but I think there may have been a lot more leakage, causing the pressure to go up? I'm not very savvy at reading the stats & charts yet, so I wonder if someone could take a look see see if there's something glaringly obvious? 

I hope this works. Thanks for looking

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken?
I'm not sure about a "glitch", as the iBreeze is fairly new and I know little about it.

Your pressure did increase around 2-2:30 and 5am.  This seems to correspond with the Obstructives.  If you look at those time frames, the apneas are "clumped" together, meaning you are sleeping in a way that is cutting your air supply off.  

How do you sleep?  Sometimes we allow our head to tilt forward into our chest which causes this problem.  If on your back, sleep with a firm, but flatter pillow.  If on your side, you will need to be conscious of your head/neck position.  

Also, the iBreeze has a exhale pressure relief feature called IPR (Intelligent Pressure Relief).  Are you using it?  What setting?  It looks like you can set it to 3.  This will allow you to breathe more comfortably.  It also helps with Flow Limitation, Hypopnea and Reras.  

Your current minimum pressure is set at 5cm, your median pressure is close to 8cm.
If you use the IPR 3, then change your minimum pressure to 8. (8 minus 3 = 5)
Your exhale pressure will be 5. I think you'll find this more comfortable.

Once you make a change, give it a few days and repost here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken?
Thank you OpalRose! 

I sleep mostly on my side, though very occasionally I wake on my back. Supine position isn't very comfortable for me. I'll try to be more aware aware of that. I had turned the IPR off for a while, as I've been told that I inhale fine but then don't exhale. But I think with all the positive pressure, that's mostly resolved. I turned the IPR up to 1 last night and will see over the next few days if that makes a difference. Last night, my AHI was almost at 5, so not great. I'll try your setting reccos & post back. Thanks so much for taking a look!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 17 461 04-06-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 207 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 156 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 301 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
  Resvent iBreeze 20A my take kake26 5 783 01-31-2024, 03:42 PM
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 819 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 357 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.