Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dry Mouth from Full Face Mask
Grin 
Dry Mouth from Full Face Mask
I came up with an idea that seems to work well. 
Anyone with a full face mask is plagued by dry-mouth during the night.
It is annoying to have to take the mask off to get a drink of water, even if you keep a bottle of water bedside.
Enter my cure: place a hydration bladder next to your head. Slip the mouthpiece under your mask seal or unplug the CPAP hose from the mask and insert the bladder tube/mouthpiece. Re-correct the seal or replace the CPAP hose and your'e all set. Didn't even have to sit up.
Hydrations bladders under $10 from eBay or Ali-Express, etc.
Hydration bladder is like those in CamelBack BackPack.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Mouth from Full Face Mask
Hi NB500,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Thanks for sharing your solution, sounds interesting.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Mouth from Full Face Mask
I mentioned to my DME not long ago that I was getting a dry mouth through the night and was given a suggestion to rinse my mouth with Biotene (can I mention it here???).  I was told it may take time to have it start working and that I wouldn't have to use it every day.  I'm happy to say that after a few days I was not waking up several times to take a sip of water and have started to reduce the humidity settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 243 3 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 851 7 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 113 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 163 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 114 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 137 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.