Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Returning To Therapy with Startling Results
RE: Returning To Therapy with Startling Results
my brief first night then nap today which was by far the worst of my 2 uses -attached

Attached Files
.pdf   My sleep.compressed.pdf (Size: 316.26 KB / Downloads: 67)
-PLEASE: Use Your Computer To Fight Cancer & Hunger:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=RXZG0FT7S1
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting your graphs.  With only 2 hours sleep, I would hesitate to recommend a change in pressure.  You don't need to raise pressure, especially when you have a lot of
Clear Airway events.  

When you can, post a full night. We need to see the following graphs: Events, pressure, flow rate,
Leak rate, snores. Also, the left side bar statistics, leave out the pie chart to fit all the info in.

If you follow the tutorials below, it will show you how to organize the charts. I'm sympathetic to how bad you feel right now, but giving us the requested information will help us help you.

I recommend changing EPR from 3 to 1.  
A lower EPR setting  may help with the Clear Airways.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 07:24 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Thanks for posting your graphs.  With only 2 hours sleep, I would hesitate to recommend a change in pressure.  You don't need to raise pressure, especially when you have a lot of
Clear Airway events.  

When you can, post a full night.  We need to see the following graphs:  Events, pressure, flow rate,
Leak rate, snores.  Also, the left side bar statistics,  leave out the pie chart to fit all the info in.

If you follow the tutorials below, it will show you how to organize the charts.  I'm sympathetic to how bad you feel right now, but giving us the requested information will help us help you.

I recommend changing EPR from 3 to 1.  
A lower EPR setting  may help with the Clear Airways.

Thank you so much and last night went badly to my surprise. I was SO tired I assumed I would black out and that would be that but didn't work out. Almost 6 hours is all I got and my new Amara full face that was pretty good as far as leaks went, was NOT, at least last night. I wonder if it leaked constantly the first night and I was just out cold and never caught it? If so, maybe that skews my results a little? But last night, in my not quite 6 hours in bed it was 96 degrees at 11:30PM and I was soaking wet, the mask would NOT seal all night but I stuck with it since my Ultimate Chin Strap had not yet dried to allow me to switch back to my Swift FX (which I WILL use tonight if I live so long. No matter how much I tightened down it would NOT stop leaking! 

Anyway, I am so dingy I likely messed up my chart and didn't get what you wanted I PROMISE I will get my act together if I can get some sleep. I simply can't begin to explain what heat wave with the drug Fentanyl does to a person when combine with no sleep but here is what I TRIED to get for you and I am so sorry to be so inept. But I am beginning so hopeful someone can help me figure out ANY way at all to make this investment NOT be a thousand dollar paperweight.....

Well here I am again and unable to post again today.  I get this error message: 
  • Sorry, but you cannot attach this file because you have reached your attachment quota of 512 KB
  • Am I only allowed this much in a one WEEK period or something?  
Oh and someone told me to tun OFF the EPR and I did so and raised my minimum pressure to 7. Max stayed set to 13.
Post Reply Post Reply
Set up an account in IMGUR, copy the image there then copy the link (lower right corner) and paste, as is , into your post.  That should be a BBoard link with a large thumbnail.

This circumvents all limits on image size.  

Attachments are very limited here.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 09:09 AM)bonjour Wrote: Set up an account in IMGUR, copy the image there then copy the link (lower right corner) and paste, as is , into your post.  That should be a BBoard link with a large thumbnail.

This circumvents all limits on image size.  

Attachments are very limited here.

Fred

Thank you and yet again, I FORGOT that from late last night. God I AM hopeless. Thank you so much for not slapping me into the ground on that! I just cn't take one more day without meaningful sleep. And at some point I also got up for bathroom brak, feed the cat, etc...

https://imgur.com/6nhYVkk
https://imgur.com/uAYOS6Q
https://imgur.com/S4XpdnT
Post Reply Post Reply
You are not hopeless, you are just tired.  Smile

Try to follow the tutorials in my signature line to organize "shorganize" your screenshot before you post to look something like this.
Mabye your wife can help.  

[Image: h1KFq7Hl.jpg]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OldMarineOceanside,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m sorry to hear that you have gone through so much. I know this situation is difficult for you, but I want to encourage you to hang in there and keep trying. I sure hope that you can get the machine you really need.
I like what OpalRose said to you, "You are not hopeless, you are just tired.”
Good luck to you and your wife.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Trish and my wife is named Trish as well so you can start YELLING at me any time now:-) I am honestly not so sure about just being tired. I spent most of the morning and still unable to get SleeyHead software to do as Rose's page shows. Most simple looking thing but oh no, not for ME.....too embarrased to admit. Well I guess I just did so maybe I can just post in full like I did today using imgur?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OldMarineOceanside,
I think You could try imgur if it worked for you before, I don’t use the data-management software, (such as Sleepyhead,) not that it is bad software, from what I read here on the forum, it’s the best, most user-friendly software out there, but I don't have any experience with it, so I’m not gonna be much help to you on that, Don’t be embarrassed to say you are having trouble.
Just hang around and you will get plenty of help with the software, you have come to the right place for guidance.
Good to meet Trish, also.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 04:19 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi OldMarineOceanside,
I think You could try imgur if it worked for you before, I don’t use the data-management software, (such as Sleepyhead,) not that it is bad software, from what I read here on the forum, it’s the best, most user-friendly software  out there, but I don't have any experience with it, so I’m not gonna be much help to you on that, 

Thanks so much. I am actually still (after 6 hours) working on these graphs trying in vain to make sense of it, wondering where or IF it shows how long I am not breathing even when USING this APAP?  Sitting here wondering, should I borrow MORE money after all we have survived? After almost a full $300K in medical co-pays even WITH excellent insurance....Wife struggles with Cancer, me with so many surgeries for so many things I lost track now. But the worst part is, I had to give up PAP in 2012 because of constant sinus infections so bad I went deaf etc for months and my ENT Surgeon told me I simply HAD to stop and even though her own husband has OSA and uses PAP and she was well versed in treating, she simply was not able to find any way for me to use it. 
  So at this moment I sit here and feel OK, in this for $1300 and at least we have discovered I have Central, not OSA and then ask myself, maybe with the high dose of Opioid meds I need to take for like I always will need to use an ASV machine. But better not jump yet since if I stick with this a week, or a month (and if I survive without an ASV that long) and find out it happens again and I am unable to cope with pressure of PAP, I am better off losing my $1300 than that PLUS whatever another ASV is going to cost us. 
  It's like I am in such terrible shape I have GOT to move and do it yesterday yet given my history I don't dare till I see it will not take me down again. Fun times. And I thought the Marine Corps was tough.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 249 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,332 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.