Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Returning my Dreamstation at the end of this year
RE: Returning my Dreamstation at the end of this year
My machine was supplied to me as "new". Being the geek that I am, I scrolled through the "admin" control panel and found that it already had 110 hours on the odometer. I guess it didn't work out for someone else. Incidentally, all of the machine supplies came in new boxes but the machine itself was just out on the table when I picked it up.

The DME was very nice to me during the initial period when I was becoming adjusted to cpap. It's all good.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
the best method would to put a hidden mark on all returned items,
one universal mark that is well hidden, so when you get a PAP/mask
you could look for said mark to see if its been marked.
only while drinking two cups of coffee (i lost my mojo's)
can you help me find my (mojo's)? how do you add (mojo's) on a quick reply?
"don't answer that as it would be hijacking this post".
would they take it back if i burned (used) on the side of a CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2017, 05:57 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 02:27 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Would you want underwear that somebody wore once? . . . Keep the mask!

Not unless it was washed. FWIW, some DMEs take back the mask and have the mask sterilized. It is then given to others to use or try on (rather than opening new packages).  If you are in the hospital and are given a mask, chances are it is used although the cushion/pillows may be new.   Just so you know!

Yup.
My sleep doc issued loaner machines for a 1-week "tolerance" check before we were scheduled for our orientation class and issued our own equipment.
The headgear was stamped "Fontucky Sleep Lab" and they wanted everything back.

When I needed an alternative to the issued mask, they "gave" me another one, but after a couple of weeks they called and said that they needed that one back and I'd need to have my order with Apria changed if I wanted to continue with that type.
I kept my order with the original P10 and just bought my backup masks online.

But in this case, since it's not something recently issued, I would suspect that they won't ask for it and won't care if it's not in the case when the machine is returned.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2017, 09:55 AM)TimtheEnchanter Wrote: This begs the question, will they give the Dreamstation Auto to someone else as a new machine? I have not seen total use of hours and we all know that itself can be modified....

(12-27-2017, 05:23 PM)chicken Wrote: would they take it back if i burned (used) on the side of a CPAP.

They may issue it as a temp for a new patient.
My first machine was absolutely not new (and had an end-cap instead of a humidifier).  
They issued it under the guise of "tolerance evaluation"...   I would normally have expected that to also be a titration period, but both mine and my wife's machines were issued programmed wide open at 4-20 with no EPAP, so I thin they only thing they did was make sure we were using the loaners for 6+ hours every night.

I can certainly understand them not wanting to issue an NIB machine to a patient that they don't know is going to tolerate treatment.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,026 8 hours ago
Last Post: Macka
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 266 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 154 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,704 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 858 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 432 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 331 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.