Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Review my data
Review my data
Hello, I am new.  I've been using BIPAP for 7 days now.  Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how I am doing? I see my pulmonary doc next week.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review my data
Hi based on these graphs you are using your machine on a fixed ipap pressure of 10 which is not high enough to fully treat your apnea there is remaining Hypopnea and obstructive apnea it is likely a higher ipap pressure will be required
Post Reply Post Reply
Carnac sees a soft cervical collar in your future.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2018, 06:29 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Carnac sees a soft cervical collar in your future.

Dielaughing

I agree.  I think you will need to increase minimum pressure to 7.0, ,but the way your apnea consistently has obstructive clusters tells us a lot.   Much of your obstructive apnea and hypopnea is a result of your chin tucking to your chest.  Maybe you use multiple pillows, or just get into sleep positions that cause this obstruction, but a soft cervical collar has been a proven solution, time and again for forum members.   By providing support under the jaw, the collar helps keep your mouth closed, and prevents your chin from dropping and obstructing your airway.  

A quick experiment you can try is to just relax in a comfortable chair, and let your chin drop, just relax.  If you feel your airway is restricted as you relax with your chin dropping down, this is likely what is happening at night.   If so, I think you will be amazed at the difference a soft cervical collar makes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the information!  I was looking forward actually to getting the bipap machine, was hoping to be full of energy next day after wearing it.  But guess there is a process to get it dialed in right.  Glad I came across this forum, nice to have experienced people to turn to for advice.  I'm going to look into the collar and hopefully when I meet with my doctor next week he will change the pressures.  

Thanks Again,
Keith
Post Reply Post Reply
KDH79 your EPAP pressure is not sufficient to control obstructive apnea and hypopnea. As best I can tell from your graphic (the machine settings don't show because of the pie chart), you have an EPAP of 6.0 and IPAP of 10.0 and PS 4.0. So even though you have an Auto BiPAP, your machine is stuck on fixed pressure.- You don't need to wait on your doctor, just use the BiPAP Auto mode, and change settings to EPAP min 6.0, EPAP max 10.0 and PS min 4.0, PS Max 6.0. Your machine is capable of intelligent providing the pressure and therapy you need. Your prescription unnecessarily restricts that capability. A soft cervical collar may indeed be in your future, but your have a machine that is capable of much more than you (or your doctor) is asking from it. You can make these changes yourself. https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeeprider, Thanks so much for the info.   I just got home from work and I changed my machine to Autob, I made the IPAP 10 and EPAP 6 since 10/6 was my prescription.   What do I make the PS down and PS up?   I know I can change anything I want, but I also know some doctors will frown about it, so I just want to get a feel for my doctor before I start messing with things too much.  I've only had one appointment with him before getting the sleep study, so don't really have a feel for him yet.  

I do sleep with muiltple pillows as was mentioned, so I will change that tonight.  

Last night my AHI was 5.34, way lower than it has been since I started.  So far my AHI has been 12.5, 9.3, 12.8, 14, 10, 12.9, 14.4 and last night 5.4

I attached my last night sleepyhead data, and I took two screen shots to scroll down so all the data is there.

Thanks again,
Keith
Post Reply Post Reply
Correction, guess that is PS min and PS max settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Uggg, sorry see you answered my PS min and PS max question in your post.  Guess I am tired!  Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully you got things sorted out. Settings should be:
Auto Bilevel mode
EPAP min 6.0
EPAP max 10.0
PS min 4.0
PS max 6.0
IPAP max (max pressure) 16.0
BiFlex 1 or 2 for comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,068 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 333 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 720 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 532 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.