Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Revisit... F12 Taking Wrong Screen Pic
Revisit... F12 Taking Wrong Screen Pic
Hello.  Did the problem posted by Diggers4pg get resolved?  I am having the exact same problem. 

F12 gives me a screen shot of the Profile page.  Unable to get pic of Daily or Overview or Statistics.
[Image: dont-know.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Revisit... F12 Taking Wrong Screen Pic
(05-22-2019, 03:39 PM)Insopita Wrote: Hello.  Did the problem posted by Diggers4pg get resolved?  I am having the exact same problem. 

F12 gives me a screen shot of the Profile page.  Unable to get pic of Daily or Overview or Statistics.
[Image: dont-know.gif]

No, it is not resolved; it just "went away" spontaneously for Diggers4pg.  I'd appreciate if you could do some tests and answer some questions while it is still happening for you:

1) When you take a screen shot (pressing F12), do you see the Oscar window flicker or change in any way?

2) Do you have right sidebar or calendar showing when you press F12?

3) After you take the screen shot, is the Daily page (or whatever you were looking at) still there?  Or are you now seeing the Welcome (Profile) page?

4) After taking a screen shot, please open the debug pane (Help/Show Debug Pane), right click to Select All, then copy, then paste into a text file you can attach to a reply?

5) When you look at the debug pane, you should see a message about the screenshot having been saved.  Does that message say there was any error?  If successful, there should be a message with the fully qualified file name of the screen capture.  Please check the file named there and confirm.

6) If you are using Windows, before closing OSCAR, look at the Windows notification messages (click on the "message bubble" at the right end of the taskbar to see these).  What do any OSCAR messages there say?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

.doc   DeBug.doc (Size: 26 KB / Downloads: 4)

1)  When taking screenshot, Oscar does not flicker or flinch.
2)  The right sidebar and calendar are turned off per posted instructions.
3)  After taking screenshot, the page is the same ... Daily or Overview or Statistics ... as before taking the shot.
4)  DeBug attached ... I hope.... my normal format didn't work; tried changing to .doc ????
5)  Not sure what to say here ... Oscar flashes me a message with the name of the file.  I can then go find the file.
6)  The Oscar bubble on the right gives the Oscar version, About, Exit.  Right after doing F12, it gives the location of the new screenshot file.

Whew, I feel like I just had a finals exam in school.  Please let me know if you need any more info.  I'm not an accomplished computer person, but able to follow your clear directions!  Sure hope you are able to discover a fix.  Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2019, 05:00 PM)Insopita Wrote: Whew, I feel like I just had a finals exam in school.  Please let me know if you need any more info.  I'm not an accomplished computer person, but able to follow your clear directions!  Sure hope you are able to discover a fix.  Many thanks!

Excellent responses!  Thanks for the assistance.

Could you attach C:/Users/Sxxxxxxxx/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Screenshots/screenshot-20190522-144008.png to a reply so I can see it?
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached as requested.  [Image: dancing.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2019, 06:00 PM)Insopita Wrote: Attached as requested.  [Image: dancing.gif]

Hmmm.  That's just a blank white screen, not a picture of the profile page. If you at the other images captured, as listed in the text file you sent me, are they also blank or are some of them of the profile page?

It's actually far easier to imagine how a screen shot could malfunction and produce a white page than a profile page.

We have made several changes to the screen capture code to fix other problems.  It is remotely possible that we may accidentally solve this one in the process.  But since I don't have a clue about what is happening, I'm not sure.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the screen shots are the profile page, but now they are showing up blank.  Just did another one in case it had healed itself.  Nope.

Meanwhile, I've found that the Print Screen button on my keyboard captures the correct image, but does not tuck it away in a file.  Can I put that in a file to be used to display an Oscar Daily page?  A .doc file maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2019, 06:35 PM)Insopita Wrote: Some of the screen shots are the profile page, but now they are showing up blank.  Just did another one in case it had healed itself.  Nope.

Meanwhile, I've found that the Print Screen button on my keyboard captures the correct image, but does not tuck it away in a file.  Can I put that in a file to be used to display an Oscar Daily page?  A .doc file maybe?

If you look at all the files that were named in that debug log you sent me, do any show the profile screen or are they all blank and white?

What type of computer do you have, which version of Windows, and how fast is your computer?  Do you have just one monitor or multiple monitors?  If multiple monitors, try doing a screen capture with OSCAR is on monitor #1 and again on #2.  Is your computer one where you have to hold down the Fn key at the same time as pressing F12 to have F12 recognized normally?

The Print Screen key alone captures the image to the clipboard.  You could then open an image editor, paste the clipboard there, and save the file as a .PNG file.  You can also capture the current screen with Windows key + Print Screen.  That should capture the entire current screen (rather than just the active window) to Pictures/Screenshots.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I have 9 screenshots of the profile screen, 18 with blank pages, and 5 with a border of some type at the top.  I was urgently trying to make a good copy!

Toshiba Laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium, Processor 1.90 GHz

Two monitors:  the actual laptop monitor, and a larger AOC monitor.  I've attempted the screenshots from both computers, unplugged the laptop and tried it solo.  That's how I've accumulated so many screenshots.

Toshiba laptop:  END/F12 key ... Fn is activated to use the F12 part of the key.

Dell 2nd keyboard:  don't see an Fn key ... F12 operates successfully solo.

Okay, after dinner I'll try posting as mentioned in your last paragraph.

Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit windows? I can send you a test build in a few days to see if it works any better.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 365 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Wrong Equipment Displayed During Oscar startup Aknakon 4 494 01-18-2024, 07:32 PM
  CPAP Usage Record with a Wrong Value? hisaotsu 3 452 10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,597 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResMed AirCurve10 ASV Has Wrong Date jimchi 4 745 06-27-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Screen scaling of data BlueSky1958 5 508 04-26-2023, 08:36 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.