Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please review my OSCAR data. Months of APAP therapy with no improvement in symptoms.
Please review my OSCAR data. Months of APAP therapy with no improvement in symptoms.
Hi all,

I've been using an APAP for ~8 months now.  It took about 2 months to find the right mask and get comfortable enough to be in full compliance.  I started off at 4-20 cmH2O (Med Pressure: ~7.5-8, 95% Pressure ~10.5-11) and over time raised my minimum pressure up to 7.6.

For the past 6 months or so, I've been averaging 7.5-8.5 hours of APAP usage per night, with an AHI < 2.  However, I don't feel any better.  I'm just as tired as always.  I was hoping someone could look at my OSCAR screenshots and to see if there are any adjustments I can make that may help.  I am including a couple zoomed in charts.  One is of how my breathing typically looks and  the other is a reported CA that I was wondering whether someone can tell me is real or if I am likely awake and holding my breath.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please review my OSCAR data. Months of APAP therapy with no improvement in symptoms.
The numbers look pretty good. Leaks controlled. No problem with flow limits. The machine can't tell for sure whether you were asleep or awake. Some guesstimates can be made based on waveforms but they are not absolutely accurate.

Have you checked in with your primary doc? Tell him/her that you feel no better and are wondering whether there could be another cause. They can run tests to check. Are you on meds that could affect your sleep? Alcohol later in the evening?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 37 4 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 164 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.