Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice Therapy 22/23
RE: Rice Therapy 22/23
(09-09-2022, 06:25 AM)Rice95 Wrote: I've also had bad issues with excess air in my stomach lately. 

This should be your focus.  A couple things...  How flat is your pillow?  If you're sleeping on your side for most of the night and your head isn't somewhat supported, this could cause you to swallow air.  I use neither a flat or bulky pillow, but somewhat in between.

In addition, to combat Aerophagia (swallowing of air), you may have to dial the pressure back a bit.  For for now, look at your settings.  Is your machine set to Standard or Soft mode?  Set it to Auto (Soft).  Try that for a few days.  I don't know if it would help, but can't hurt and may be more comfortable.

As far as the Positional Apnea, Sad  it certainly isn't as bad as when you first started, so don't be discouraged.  You are, however going to have to find something that keeps you off your back.  There is no amount of pressure that will help with that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Opal!! 
My pillow is flat but my collar also supports my head. With this pillow I’ve been fine up until recently with the aerophagia. (Within the last week or 2 it’s been bad and then maybe 1 or 2 times a week before that)I’m not sure if it’s been my diet or not but I’ll try putting my settings to Auto tonight and see if it improves. I’ll report back tomorrow with a screenshot
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto (Soft mode)
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it off Cpap and on Auto Mode. 
Settings are the same as in my profile if I need to change shy of that ?
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is that what you wanted me to do ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you are already in auto mode.  It should give you an option Standard or Soft.

Sorry, I just checked the manual.  The Soft or Standard mode may not be available in the A10.

Let me know.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
If your willing, keep your machine in Auto mode with a minimum of 10cm and a maximum of 10cm. Check back tomorrow. And try to stay off your back... Rolleyes
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning !! Coffee

Opal, I didn't  get your message until after I had gone to sleep. 

Yeah my Airsense 10 has a Cpap or an Auto option...I'm not sure what it was on originally but I made sure it was on Auto. 
Maybe the 11 has the Soft Setting? 

Well, my side sleeping pillow came and it paid off! Great numbers today! I'm not sure if my wife appreciated that it was in the middle of the bed---I'll find out when she gets up. It's basically a tall body length wedge.

So far my gut seems to be better than yesterday which makes me think maybe all this time I had CPAP selected instead of Auto-----I may be totally not understanding what I just said. 

Anyway, should I still try the 10 min and 10 max tonight?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The Soft and Standard setting option only appears when you are on a static pressure (CPAP) setting. The Auto option uses the soft setting only.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape. I'm wondering what setting I've been using? On my previous charts it said APAP so I'm guessing I've been on Automatic this whole time.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,070 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.