Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice Therapy 22/23
RE: Rice Therapy 22/23
Good Morning! lots-o-coffee

Please review and comment on my last few nights since my last post. 

Thank you and see you all Friday!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
Rolleyes

Hypops and RERAS showing up------any cause for concern?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a small amount of positional apnea on the 19th around 2:30am.
Hypopnea, Reras and Flow Limitation, but not real concerning.  Stay the course!  

How's the Aerophagia?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Opal !

Thank you for reviewing my charts. Aerophagia is much improved. It was bad before I used the wedges. I am absolutely 100% convinced that my problem has been back sleeping. Since the wedges I have never had this many consecutive nights under 1 and 2. For the first time I think I have really figured this out. STAY OFF YOIR BACK 
Smile
Would being on my back cause aerophagia to be more pronounced?
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good Friday Morning! Coffee

Crazy 4 days. Here are my charts September 19th-22nd

Please advise when convenient. 

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the 22nd

Obstructives have showed up the last 4 days-----I'm still trying to perfect the wedge system to stay on my side...slowly but surely.

I consciously wake up on my back and my first thought is ----well, there's a cluster lol

Anyway, when I am on my back I awaken with aerophagia. Not fun. I'm guessing I'm sucking more air in a supine position.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2022, 11:15 AM)Rice95 Wrote: I consciously wake up on my back and my first thought is ----well, there's a cluster  lol
Anyway, when I am on my back I awaken with aerophagia. Not fun. I'm guessing I'm sucking more air in a supine position.

You stated the problem better than I could. Smile

It would be interesting if you videoed yourself while sleeping. Curious if you are on your side or back during those clusters.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s interesting. I’m gonna ask my wife to look at me if she randomly awakens and see what position I’m in. That may make me self conscious though. A time pattern seems to be forming around 230AM that the OA’s occur…that’s about 5 hours after I had fallen asleep. 
I sleep with an eye mask too. If I awaken tonight I’ll look at the clock and make a mental note what my position is and what time it is when I awoke. 
When I turn over I am very much aware of when I switch out my wedges (to keep me on my side.) 

What ends up happening is the wedge may slide back a little away from me and I lose the sensation of being ‘wedged’and I turn over onto my back but not for long because I am awakened by OA’s and that’s the immediate epiphany I messed up again. My OA’s are isolated for a few minutes then a big chunk of time goes by after I had grabbed the bull by the horns and got into the position I’m supposed to be in.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning! Here with my early week check in. Coffee

OA's have been reeking havoc.  Thinking-about

Hypops and CA's popping up. 

No leaks.

I had a week straight where my numbers were under under 2. I caught lightening in a bottle and have since lost that edge. I know those 2 wedges have worked before. I am miffed. 

Anything else of concern please advise.

Post Reply Post Reply
and last night...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,352 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.