Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
I will check that out. BTW, what did you mean by FL pushing pressure to max? I'm trying to understand the science of all this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed's use the Flow Limit value to determine if a pressure increase is needed. If you continue to present with a FL high enough, the Resmed will continue to increase its pressure in an effort to overcome this condition. This can ultimately run the pressure up to your maximum setting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you can get your graphs in order, line up the pressure graph with the FL graph.

Look at the FL graph, around 23:30, 1:00, and 2:30.  Now look at the pressure graph at same times and you can see how FL drives pressure up.  

FL is when the upper airway is partially closing. The Apap then tries to compensate by raising pressure. Sometimes this is disruptive to sleep, but then again a lot of folk don't even notice it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I reordered the graph---do I need to change anything for you---or make it better?

BTW, the Leak graph shows it really going up but the overall Large leak says 0.00
Post Reply Post Reply
chart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
On that chart you can see that the pressure is maxing out while there are high Flow Limitations, and then once those ease off, the pressure drops back down again, as Opal said.

Re: leaks - Large Leaks are regarded as anything over 24 l/minute of unintentional leaks. Resmed only records unintentional leaks (whereas Philips records both unintentional leaks plus total leaks (which is the unintentional leaks plus the intentional leaks designed into the mask). The limit is the point where the machine may start having issues with compensating for the leak level. As long as you're not spending most of the night with large leaks, you're probably not immediately having an issue, but if there are consistently high leaks at or near that level, you might want to figure out where from (ill-fitting mask, mouth leak with nasal/pillows etc). As your average is only 1.2 l/min, it's probably not a huge issue.

Have a look how the leak chart matches up to the pressure, and whether it's a consistent low-level leak or a bunch of bigger spikes. Those will give you some more clues. Spikes may well be just from moving around or knocking the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're also getting an Obstructive cluster, likely positional Apnea around 0100 time.

And yes a ditto to the above FL info.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank all 3 of you  for the info! 
I will be heading out of town for a week and taking my machine with me on the plane. 
Has anyone ever asked the flight attendant for their Cpap to be stored up front to prevent someone from ramming it with their suitcase in the overhead bins? I guess I could put it under my seat too. It doesn’t count as a carry on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Treat it as a carry-on medical equipment. It's not supposed to count against you. Myself I'd keep it with me. Overhead or maybe on the floor in front of you, would be my guess of where to store it. But I've not flown yet with a medical device.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 838 3 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.