Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
We've always said that finding a "forever" mask that fits and doesn't leak is about the hardest, most frustrating and sometimes costly part of using Cpap.  I never had much luck with the DreamWare mask either but many like it.  

I've tried a few different masks over time, but always end up back with the P10.  Currently trying out the Bleep mask.  Haven't gotten the hang of that yet!  I'm looking for something that doesn't leave permanent marks in my hair.   Sad

Rice, thanks, but I only told you what you needed to do and you took the advice and made it work.  

BTW, your leak rate is nothing to worry about as you know it's mostly mask movement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal

Good luck on the mask search.  Cool

I'll post again in a few days and update everything.

Blessings Coffee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
Below
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Thursday Morning to everyone!  Coffee

Yesterday my positional numbers were haywire. Before bed I noticed if I don't make that mental note to stay on my side I won't. Even if I start out with the pillow between my knees, I still end up on my back and my positional apnea explodes. 

Last night I made a mental note and my numbers went down from 5 to under 1 where it should be. 

Blessings everyone!  Coffee

Here are both charts. One from the Tuesday night and then last night which was much better.
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tuesday night

Post Reply Post Reply
Wednesday(last night)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, Tuesday night was ugly.  Wednesday night, back to perfection.  Smile

Thanks Rice,
Although, I've seen much worse charts showing positional apnea, those two charts are good examples and show the difference and the steps you've taken to conquer your positional apnea.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal. That's why I posted both nights. Those that chime in can see that it can be done!

Have a great weekend!  Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning! I haven't posted in a while. Once in a while I'll chime in to say hi! Coffee

I'm glad I posted because my leaks have been bad. Last night I tried something when I tightened the straps. I moved EACH velcro strap 1/2 to 1  centimeter tighter to avoid over tightening and it was a success. No mouth leaks this time. My reasoning was that by moving all straps in micro small measurements you get a notable change without  overtightening or causing discomfort. I think most people move the straps in dramatic increments and they don't realize the severity of big jumps. 1/2 TO 1   CENTIMENTER IS ALL YOU NEED. I have them marked with a sharpie so I can keep track where they go and they are all symmetrical. When I went to put on my headgear, I thought 'this isn't going to make much of a difference' but it was MUCH more snug and comfortable as well. 

Have a great day everyone! Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Great advice with the strap tightening being done in small increments.
And a great looking chart...as usual. Coffee
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 816 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.