Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
2nd Reply to OpalRose Addendum to my first reply 

Maybe I should try sleeping with a small flat throw pillow ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it should rotate around the neck. But you should be able to slip a couple fingers under it.
Some of the collars dip down in the front and some are higher on the sides.
If the collar were able to rotate around your neck when sleeping, that might be the problem.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose

I just put it on and made it tighter and I was still able to get 2 fingers in there ..it feels tighter than last night. Let’s give it a whirl
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Coffee

I slept with the collar much more snug but not too tight. I could hardly rotate it around my neck at all so I think this was the correct way. 

I think I have figured out why I still have clusters. My white noise machine lost blue tooth and I woke me up......on my back. 

I am not a back sleeper (and I discipline myself not to be)but I think I know why I did. My left shoulder has been aching from sleeping on my side so I tend to favor my right side heavily. I know my left side is weaker because I'm right handed, and I haven't been able to relieve my right shoulder very much so I'm wanting relief so I am unconsciously  rolling  onto my back. 

This is my theory, but I have had days where my numbers have been very good as you know.  Oh-jeez

What is your take?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's a good theory... Smile I have a similar issue, but not the shoulder, and sometimes end up on my back.

We just have to keep trying.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Good news!  I got the AHI down. OA's improved.

Last night I had a pillow behind my back so I didn't turn over and I think it worked!

Collar on

Flat pillow

RERAS up a little? Is that significant?

Have a blessed day!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, RERAS can be disruptive to sleep, but the only thing to do is raise your minimum pressure.  

So as stated before, there will have to be a  trade off between using a lower pressure you are comfortable with due to Aerophagia or raising pressure to tackle everything else.  

Glad you found a way to stay off your back. Good job!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I think give your pressure a nudge to 11.0 and see if that helps. Now that positional issues are mostly resolved, we can see what remains. This is also where we start to see the benefits of the Resmed EPR vs Respironics Flex.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Opal Rose 

Thank you so much ! 

I’m at 10.5 and I was really feeling it this morning. I’ll wait until I am handling it better , hopefully within the next few days. Just moving it from 10 to 10.5 was a marked difference in toleration. I’ll bump to 11 soon I hope.

I’ll keep posting my progress (or lack of God forbid)

Have a blessed day
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider 

Yes! I’ll give it a whirl soon. 

Yes the Res Med I envy. I wish I had one but I’m stuck paying for the Philips and I won’t get my money out of it unless I pound it. 

5 years of this :-(
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 816 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.