Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: numbers going up slightly [Rice95 Therapy Thread]
That's a big improvement.  

I suggest you do away with the ramp feature.  If you notice, during the ramp time you experienced an Obstructive and a Rera.  Not a big deal if you need the ramp.  If you feel you need it, then set the ramp to start closer to your pressure.  Try a setting of 6 for ramp and eventually you can do without.

I hesitate to suggest raising your pressure as you suffer from Aerophagia (swallowing of air).  But if you want to experiment, raise your pressure a little notch at a time and observe how you feel. Try 10.5.  If no discomfort, wait a couple days, and move it up to 11.  Check for discomfort and if the higher pressure helped eliminate the Obstructives.

I hope I'm not confusing you, but it's one of those things where you will have to find that sweet spot between comfort and eliminating Obstructives.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
This is so appreciated. I will try raising the pressure and move up the ramp little by little and then do away with it as I progress. I currently have it set at 15 min starting at 4 ramping to 10. 

I’ll move the ramp up to 6 tonight and try a 10 minute ramp time and a pressure of 10.5. 

Do you think my numbers look ok other than the OA ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers look good. What's most important is how you feel.

What is your Flex setting? I would keep it at 2.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Opal. I feel really good. Very rested, although I’d prefer closer to 8 hours. Last night was closer to 7. 

My flex is on 2. 

I now wish I had of purchased a Res Med system. I was locked into a Dream Station because that’s the only one my doctor would sell me because that’s all they carry and I way over paid for it by as much as 300.00 from what I’ve seen by purchasing outright. 
I’m a newbie  as of late Feb 2021, diagnosed with moderate SA. 

From what I’ve read the Res Med system adjusts for the apnea before it happens. 
I’m wishing now I had the Res Med
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, the last person you want to buy a machine from is a doctor.  They obviously have a vested interest.
Even DME's can be untrustworthy.  

Well at least you know.  Plan for the future and watch for sales on ResMed machines when funds permit.

The supplier list at the top of the page make for good comparisons.  Many have purchased from
Supplier #2 with good results.  They sell low hour used machines and also open box new.

Always go with an AutoSet.  It is much easier to dial in than working with a straight pressure Cpap.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my numbers went in the wrong direction. 

I adjusted my ramp settings starting at a higher pressure to a 7 or 8  for a shorter ramp time of 5 minutes up to 10.5 pressure in hopes of improving OA.

I wore my collar with the flat pillow again. I woke up with some stomach air as expected by the slight increase in pressure. 

I have no idea what went wrong. Unsure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
See how your obstructive events are clustered? You are still tucking your chin and that is currently the bulk of your AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am wearing the collar---I'm wondering how this is happening? It is tight enough where my chin doesn't fall in
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I took the supports away that inclined the head of my bed slightly(3 inches?)so I would lay completely flat because my numbers shot up for no apparent reason.  The reason for the incline was for mild vertigo. Im thinking the reason I had the fluctuations was either from that or I unknowingly drifted onto my back 2 nights ago when my numbers jumped to 4. (posted yesterday)or I somehow slumped with my collar on(is that even possible?)---maybe at an incline it is. 

My numbers this morning improved a lot from making the bed flat. I also wore my collar and also had my flat generic memory foam pillow.   Smile

My RERA is up(I have no idea what that is) and I had 1 Clear Airway which I have not had laying at an incline. Funny thing is I also had better overall numbers 3 nights ago(posted in this thread) when I was at an incline when I had 1.5 I believe.  Oh-jeez

In a perfect world I'm slightly inclined, wear the collar and can control the OA's, although this morning the vertigo was very minimal being flat. 

Maybe I should stay flat. 

I welcome lots of advice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all
I posted yesterday but never heard back. The subject is ‘numbers going up’ 

While I’m here , on Oscar how do you know if you are experiencing Central apnea? 

I’m not sure if my Dreamstation Pro is capable of this. This machine wasn’t my choice and I know it isn’t very popular here. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 816 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.