Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Dogs get treated better than Apnea patients.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning  Coffee

Looks like there are a few OA's going on. 

Collar on snug

pillow flat

Pillow behind my back to help prevent rolling over onto my back

No RERAS this time

No CA 

What to do about the OA's  ?    Dont-know

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No change from my previous post. Standard titration protocol says increase pressure for OA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rice95,
Raising your minimum pressure by .5 shouldn't affect your problem with aerophagia. Try sitting up watching TV or reading for an hour or so, just to get used to it. Then go to bed. If it still bothers you, then your choice as I stated before is to stay at the lower pressure and accept the few more Obstructives you see.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose

Thank you. It only affects me in the morning. I'll try raising it to .5 this weekend. 

This morning they were clustered even more, so it must be the pressure because I'm doing everything else to try to prevent the OA's 

I don't feel unrested during the day. I feel more rested than I ever have been since beginning the therapy getting it down from moderate apnea around 17 to consistently in the 1's 2's and 3's as of late. The question is what is a relatively acceptable level of OA's?  I don't want any, but is that possible to have that consistently for the rest of my life? I know there is a happy medium of therapy where you dont feel ill effects of treatment and you feel rested and you have a ceiling of toleration where it doesn't infringe on your sleep. I never thought I would be able to have a device on my face forcing air into me, wearing a collar, sleeping on a flat pillow wearing a nightguard in my teeth(only for grinding)consciously forcing myself to sleep on my side, wedging a pillow behind my back every time I turn over  to remind me to stay on my side and dealing with a bum shoulder from side sleeping lol. Dielaughing 

I'm actually fine with all this as long as I am able to get 7 plus hours each night and I seem to be doing well with that. 

Most of all, this therapy has extended my life. You guys have been so much help and offered sensitive encouragement and knowledge. 

My question is how do you all stay so on top of all these posts? I'm retiring from school teaching after 25 years of public education this month, so you may get a lot more of me than you want.  Laugh-a-lot

Yes, the tummy bloating is the main issue. If that was gone I'd be up at a much higher pressure I'm sure. I'll try bumping this weekend to 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Rice95,
I don't like to see Obstructives either, and I would love it if we didn't see any type of events.
But we are all different and every night is different. I think you know what to do to control Obstructives and I wouldn't chase numbers. It's all about how you feel the next day.

I've come to realize that over the years, many things can affect what we experience while we sleep, ill fitting masks, the medicines we take, timing of what we eat or drink, stress, etc.

Congratulations on your retirement and glad to hear you want to stick around this place. You have a great attitude! Eventually, you'll become very knowledgeable and be able to help others. Actually, you probably already have!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose

Thank you so much for the kind words. Yes it’s how you feel is what matters as long as you are doing everything you can and are rested and happy, although I am a number chaser because  I want to improve AND feel great. We’ll see what I can tolerate with pressure increase. If OA’s don’t improve I’m ok with it knowing I’ve truly done everything I can within reason. 

I’ll post my next chart when I have a marked change ... 1 or below....right now it’s averaging 3 over the last few days. The OA’s are what’s killing my score. 

-Blessings
Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday I was experiencing aerophagia throughout the day from the previous night. Since I have raised it to 10.5 I've noticed discomfort. I lowered it to 10 last night fearing my numbers would worsen and they improved. The CA's are when I was heading to sleep and I tend to hold my breath for a short time for some reason.  As you have said, its how you feel that matters. I'm glad the numbers were much better this morning. Tum tum still a little uncomfortable but maybe not as bad? We'll see today. 

Since my hernia surgery 2 months ago it seems I've been retaining more air. Could that be a culprit?

I wore the collar a little tighter last night---maybe that was the reason things improved. A few RERAS but it doesn't appear to be alarming.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Rice95,
I can't remember, but have you tried to eliminate the flex setting? Maybe turn it off for a night or two, but still keep your pressure at 10cm since that's where you seem to be most comfortable.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
OpalRose 

Thank you so much. Flex is on 2. 

Tell me the benefits of eliminating it? Will it improve my numbers ? 

Will I feel starved for 02 if I get rid if it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,352 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.