Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Not me. My pillow wall stays put up against the room wall. I shift myself between 45 degrees and 90 on my left.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Good morning everyone!

Well, last night were the worst numbers I've had since chin tucking was diagnosed. Now the position to fix is back sleeping.  Oh-jeez

This time I did it several times during the night, one after the other, and my numbers are blowing up. How I could go to numbers close to 0 to almost 8 is a huge punch in the gut. 

Yesterday was also a very long stressful day from being summoned for jury duty and spending hours waiting, then coming home to water leaking out of our ceiling from a still undiagnosed location, even after a hole was cut by the plumber into the ceiling of our beautiful kitchen.  Then got to bed much later because our only set of keys to our car were missing for hours as we spent 2 hours searching last night. When I got home and noticed the water dripping, I went out to the curb to check the meter and I had left my keys on the grass because I was in such a panic from the leak----That was my last area to check before I gave up----and there they were. So would something like this cause me to have all these excessive back events?
Oh-jeez

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Stressful times can and will have an affect on your sleep quality.  

You don't seem aware that you are on your back, so you need to find a way to stop.  But my feeling is the collar might not fit all that well, or it's allowing your chin to slip under it a bit...   Dont-know   I'm just guessing.   Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi  OpalRose

Thank you for returning the post. This morning I feel much more rested, but the numbers are still high....albiet not has busy or frequent on the OA events but still present. More HYPOPS today ----that is something I don't see very often.

Do you think this is collar or back related by looking at my current chart?

I'll post today and yesterday's so you can see them side by side. This is today.

Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
and yesterdays(Tuesday night)

Post Reply Post Reply
I know we've been focused on supine sleeping because you tend to tuck your chin, but chin tucking also occurs with side sleeping.  

What we need to focus on is the chin tucking regardless of sleep position.  There's really nothing wrong with back sleeping if you can control chin tucking.

Some points to consider:

Be sure your bed pillow isn't pushing your neck forward.

Measure your collar.   Is is tall enough that you can't drop your chin into your chest regardless of sleep position?

Measure the area from your chin to your neck and compare to the height of your collar.

Is it too short that allows you to still chin tuck?  Is the collar firm but not rigid?  Is it too soft?

You may want to start looking at another type of collar.  Google or search Amazon for different styles and sizes.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the info OpalRose

Ive been having the collar a bit looser the last few nights. When I’m sitting up the chin won’t go into the collar. When laying down it is possible that could happen but I’m not sure. I can stick my 4 fingers into the collar but my chin won’t sink sitting up. 

The pillow is the same pillow as before. 
I haven’t changed anything other than loosening the collar slightly.
The collar is rigid , not flimsy. 
I use the Futuro Soft Cervical Neck collar on Amazon. Take a look at that collar and get back. The picture of the man on the box is wearing his on the opposite side I wear mine …not sure if that matters ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The picture in the box shows a "chin strap" that sits right under the chin. Is that how you're wearing it?

Of course, I think wear it however it feels most comfortable.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, yes that’s how I’m wearing it
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose 
I’ll try tightening it tonight and see (I’ll make sure I’m not choking lol )
If you don’t hear from me …well…
then it was too tight :{
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 68 1,261 4 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 872 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 583 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 484 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 545 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 815 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  OviBerger - AC11 Therapy OviBerger 3 105 04-09-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.