Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Have you read any of the reviews on collars in the Product Review Forum, under "Other Product Reviews"?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iew-Forums
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reviews. 

I just took a 20 min nap on my back to see and the collar was very snug but not uncomfortable … it said I had 2 OA and one CA …probably not long enough to get a good idea. What I’m wondering is if I can occasionally sleep on my back with the collar snug and get good numbers … So you are saying it’s possibly more of the collar and less of the body position that’s causing problems right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not exactly...
It's not so much whether you sleep on your side or back, but being able to control chin tucking.

That means if you are more comfortable on your back, then you have to find the right fitting collar or another way to stop chin tucking. Comfort has to be considered too.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to be able to freely sleep on my back in case I happen to roll onto it 
I was doing fine! 
I’ll side sleep tonight (try too)with the collar tighter 
For weeks I had great numbers with this … 

As an aside , I’m sitting in my kitchen watching water leak from the ceiling into a catch tray. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
What happened? 
My chart is missing tons of data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rice 95 looks to me had quick afternoon micro Nanny Nap at about 1500hrs for 20min ? then took off mask as doesn't register mask as on and turned off ? then late back for over night Sleep as put mask back on again around 2045hrs for overnight 7:13hrs sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2021, 04:37 PM)Rice95 Wrote: I want to be able to freely sleep on my back in case I happen to roll onto it 
I was doing fine! 
I’ll side sleep tonight (try too)with the collar tighter 
For weeks I had great numbers with this … 

As an aside , I’m sitting in my kitchen watching water leak from the ceiling into a catch tray. :-)

Hi Rice95 re your post after this for latest nights sleep, cant complain about that those numbers what was it  AHI 3.17 well done you make it look right on top to easy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Iceman ! 

I thought I had died and then came back to life ! I forgot that I had taken that nap. That was the first time I had ever done a nap with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Iceman 

I have been struggling with OA’s and experimenting with things. I used the collar last night a little more snug and my numbers improved but I’m chasing 1 or lower. I am attributing it to rolling onto my back. I used to be able to control it subconsciously but for some reason I’ve been blowing it lately. I’m going to investigate a body pillow. The people on this forum are incredible. 

Have a blessed day!
Post Reply Post Reply
A humble suggestion, don't chase a 1 or less unless you absolutely have verified NEED. You're setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment if you do this.

Numbers give us a measurement in this way:
just generic examples BTW, any given night you conclude you slept well, looking at numbers reveal low AHI or something like that. The reverse can be true too. Poor rest and you see a higher AHI or some specific event count, maybe high FL, something that you can point to, concrete evidence that when x is low you sleep well and if it's high you don't.

Using AHI only, I knew that I sleep best if AHI was between 2 and 3. Zero was nice to see but it wasn't necessary for me to feel rested.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 980 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 11 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 259 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.