Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Thanks Dave 
I was under the impression that I needed AHI as low s possible and to eliminate everything. My Achilles heel is OA’s..trying to pinpoint things. The collar has been great…all of the sudden I’ve been spiking clusters and I think it’s back sleeping. I get really dry mouth and that’s when I want to conclude that  I was on my back …is this a correct assumption?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not definite but a good probability for you on back sleeping.

All the events need to be is low enough for you to sleep comfortably and well rested. Obvious below 5 AHI, but my mentioned 2-3 should be just fine as long as it's comfortable and bringing well rested feeling to you then that's your goal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rice,
Dry mouth is a definite sign that you are mouth breathing.  You are wearing a full face mask, so this is not affecting therapy.  

When you were able to control the "positional apnea", you had a much lower OA count.  That's what you need to focus on, the "clumps of OA" (positional apnea), not so much the total OA.

The collar was working well for you at one point, so something much have changed.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Dave…that sounds like a plan that’s within reason!
Thank you !

Opal Rose

Yes, something has changed ..not sure what?
I think it’s back sleeping. I was consistently under 1 or a little above
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee

Good morning everyone!

This is more of what I was looking for. OA's settled down and being satisfied  with numbers between 1-3.
I was so impressed with the previous sub 1 numbers that I've been chasing them ever since.
But I know a lot factors into obtaining those regularly and as Dave and 
OpalRose said, I will be disappointed and discouraged trying to chase those on a regular basis.

I went to bed much later last night picking up my wife and son at the airport, but managed to get in my 7 hours.

Last night the collar was on nice and snug. I'm getting used to that and the numbers I think reflected that. 

Have a blessed Saturday everyone!

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That looks good!

There is no doubt that life's stresses can have a negative affect on our sleeping. So don't be discouraged if numbers go up and down. That's pretty normal for most of us.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee
Thank you OpalRose!

You have been so helpful throughout all of my ups and downs and learning the ropes of cpap therapy. 
I know its never going to be perfect 0's across the board 7 days a week. 
Surprisingly I think I'll get my money out of this DreamStation.  I think it may have been Dave that mentioned if my numbers are fine not to rush to 
get an Airsense10 Autoset just because its a better machine. I learned from this ill advised purchase, albiet too late, but I'm not forced to get a new 
one. I'll wait another few months and see how things are. Maybe I'll accidentally hit it with a sledge hammer. 
Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave was correct in his assessment. You are doing well with the DreamStation. And as long as you feel decent everyday, there is no need to rush into changing machines.

I used the 60 series Respironics (the DreamStation predecessor) for almost 6 years. It gave me decent results and I was comfortable with it. I get almost the same readings on my ResMed. The difference with the ResMed is that the EPR works better for me than AFlex, so was able to improve Flow Limitations and Hypopnea with the ResMed.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Yes to all of that. 

I am one of those who want the best money can buy, and being a retired teacher I am under the misconception that I have a lot of money.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good there and as long as you're feeling well rested, count this as a win.

Yes ResMed will be the better one but just run the clock out and get insurance and a DME to get you the ResMed AutoSet next time up. By that time, you may be getting a ResMed 11.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,070 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.