Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Thanks Dave 

Yeah I may be in the works for the 11 providing it’s Oscar compatible and as good as the 10. 

Best Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee

Good morning everyone!

I'm back to posting at my normal wake up schedule. 2 days of late nights. 

My last 2 charts have been less than desirable being over 3. Last night in particular I was tossing and turning after midnight and unable to get comfortable. A single cluster of OA's actually blew my score turning onto my back late in the morning. 

Collar seems to be working very well in controlling consecutive OA clusters now that I'm wearing it a little more snug. 

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
...and here's my chart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know why you were tossing and turning so much?  You seem really good at keeping a schedule and exercising.  
I wish I were that dedicated   Rolleyes

Sleep Hygiene - Behavioral activities that either contribute to or detract from restorative sleep. Good sleep hygiene would include activities such as going to bed the same time each night, restricting caffeine intake, and avoiding napping during the day.

Actually, if it weren't for that one major cluster of OA's, your numbers aren't that bad.  But you seem to have restless nights,
Probably with many arousals.  Keep working on the positional sleep.  

I know you don't want to go with a higher pressure due to Aerophagia, and even with that, there is no amount of pressure increases that will overcome positional apnea.  

Even if you used a ResMed machine, you would still have the same issue.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose for all your help! 
I’m sleeping on an awful bed too. This summer we are getting a new one. Maybe that will help! 

Yes, I try to keep the same routine. In bed by 815, asleep by 830 or 845 , up at 345 for the dogs. Run a mile and do some exercising …rinse , repeat 
Pretty boring life lol ! 
There are mornings I sleep a little later to compensate for watching a baseball game or another sporting event when in season and my wife will field the dogs. 
This is a first for me learning the retired life!
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee

Numbers back down where they need to be!

Last night I took some melatonin to help keep me asleep. It's the first time I have ever taken any sleep aid ever. I really felt like I was getting sleep for the first time in a long time. I only took 3 mg. I think I only woke up twice briefly and wasn't awake for an hour like I have been before. 

I may try 2 mg tonight instead of 3, or try to sleep a little longer. I'm a tad groggy. I think I'll just try backing off the dose a little. Without cpap it took a lot to wake me up. Now that I'm all hooked up and in a crummy bed, its harder to stay asleep knowing I have to get up so early.

I'm going to go and run and come back and see how I feel. I may need a short nap---no longer than 15 min. 

Chart attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good!

I think it's ok to use melatonin. I've used it a few times when I find I'm waking up too much or not sleeping well. I don't think it's meant for long term use, but a few weeks at a time to reset your "body clock" should be fine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am getting a new system. Please tell me which one to get. I'm done with Philips. 

I have a written prescription from my doctor that I have apnea and my sleep study results. To purchase outright, how and where should I go?
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to chat with Supplier #2 as they deal with new and gently used machines.

Not trying to beat you up but a learning pointer, don't give the DME your credit card info so they can bill you unless you truly decide you want that. A card number isn't required to get a PAP from the DME. Some shady DME's will charge you and insurance.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m getting the Res 10 Autoset …best one?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 155 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 252 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,263 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,342 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.