Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Auto Start or Stop will be called Smart Start & Smart Stop. They're separate so if you want Auto Start but not stop it vice versa, it'll do it. I've not tried it as I just push the snooze bar power button.

My humidifier tub was a daily refill frequency.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only use about half a tank.  That seems to be the norm for me.  I've heard of others that run out in the middle of the night.  

Since you get up at 3:30am for the dogs, Smile you could just take a look and see what you've used.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee

Good Friday morning to everyone!

Well, its my first night on a good machine! I felt nothing unusual or uncomfortable using the settings OpalRose recommended.

I feel rested. I had 2 mg of melatonin to make sure I slept considering I was on a brand new machine etc. 

I'm off to run a mile!  Big Grin

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Still had little positional apnea, but not too bad.  Keep working on that. You probably rolled over on your back.

Can we make a couple adjustments?  

Move your minimum pressure to 9cm and move maximize pressure to 12cm.  Trying to keep a narrow pressure range for now so your Aerophagia doesn't act up.  Eventually, I think your ideal range would be 10min - 13max.  But we can take it slow.

Also, move the EPR setting to 3, so that you can get the full benefit of it.  This should help tackle Hypopnea and Flow Limitation.

So for now:  Minimum 9, Maximum 12, with EPR 3

It sounds like you slept well...
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thank you OpalRose! 
All set for tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Good morning! (late)

Celebrated birthdays of my 15 year old twins last night, and went to bed a lot later than I'm used too, but I compensated for it by sleeping until 6  Bug-eyed

My hypops  improved but my CA's increased. Did that have anything to do with raising EPR?

No aerophagia today! I even had birthday cake 15 minutes before bed.  Crazy

Blessings to all and a Happy Saturday!

Chart attached

Post Reply Post Reply
I assumed the CA's might increase a little, but I think they should settle in time.  

And it's good that you didn't experience Aerophagia, as your pressure bumped up to the max setting a couple times.  I can't tell whether this was due to FL as you left that graph off.  

To set up your OSCAR charts, go to View > Reset Graphs > Standard. That should arrange them in the proper order.

Other than the positional apnea around 1am, your AHI would have been under 1.  You're doing great.  As long as you feel good, keep these settings for a while and keep watch.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! 

I tried resetting and nothing happened for some reason? When I select Standard it wont check it or select it as my choice. I've always been wanting to zoom the chart in better.
Post Reply Post Reply
until then, here is my chart scrolled down a little.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, the FL pushed the pressure to max.  Also noticed on the leak graph (look at the spikes), that's probably mask movement.

Look through this guide for resetting and sizing graphs.  It's explained much better than I can. Rolleyes

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 159 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.